Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Data Center Technician I
Location - Hayward, CA
Duration - 5 months plus - possible conversion
Company- World's no.1 eCommerce company.
• Potential temp to hire (Not to commit)
• Top 3- understanding of the servers and hardware, troubleshoot issues, data centre exp
• Knowledge in copper & Fibre
• Idead candidate has data centre exp, ticketing system exp, troubleshoot server with limited advice
• Avg, just understanding of SLA's and knowledge of general hardware
• Phone screen & onsite
Services to be performed
As a Data Center Technician, you are a primary resolver for your support team, and are skilled at troubleshooting one or more operating systems. You are able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. Issues are escalated to the appropriate resolver groups when necessary. You create and maintain documentation on technologies you support and are able to convey SOPs to junior staff. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved. You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You act as an escalation point for junior technicians. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support.
Data Center Technician (DCO Temp) will be responsible for:
Bachelor or Technical Degree or equivalent of 2+ or more years of equivalent experience.
Ideal candidates need to two or more years of the the following:
* IT Hardware Concepts:
o x86 Architecture
* Linux/Unix Administration:
o Boot Process
o File Systems
o Network device and protocol configuration o Directory Structure
o Performance Management/Troubleshooting
o Base Operating System Install
o Scripting: Perl, Python, Bash
o Core OS Services: ssh, telnet, ftp, nfs, dns, dhcp, samba, ldap, cvs * Networking Protocols (OSI Model)
* Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards
Physical Requirements for the Data Center Operations
• Walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
• Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 41 pounds or more.
• Carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds for short distances. · Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration.
• Respond to off hour emergency calls.
• Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment
• Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
• Occasional bending or twisting of the body
• Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
• Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
• Apply muscular force quickly to objects and equipment
• Push or pull heavy objects into position
• Work in a noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions.
• Occasional work in tight and/or narrow spaces, such as under raised floors
* Hands-on experience with one or more of the follow hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, Client) is a plus.
* Networking experience with CCNA and/or Network+ certifications is a plus.
* Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment).
Apply by creating/using an account