Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Sr Java Developer
Location: Durham NC or Jercey city NJ
Duration: 4 Months plus extensions
This role is part of Derivatives Utility Technology and is responsible for development of the core Middle Office clearing platform.
This position will be based in Raliegh, NC and report to the Development Lead in Jersey City. Candidates available to sit in NJ location will also be considered.
1. The role is for a senior developer in the Derivatives Clearing IT team is to participate in the development of new functionality and enhancement of existing functionality.
2. The candidate will primarily focus on developing applications to handle Listed Derivatives trades for subjecting them to risk valuation.
3. The candidate will provide development support for the applications in Listed Derivatives
4. The candidate will be required to assist with and/or conduct end-user training for all users and stakeholders for development items for which they are responsible
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
2. Extensive experience with Core Java, Oracle Database
3. Extensive experience in developing standalone multithreaded applications
4. Exposure to messaging applications like websphere MQ, JMS, Active MQ
5. Experience in the various phases of the System Development Life Cycle methodology
6. Experience in system design, development, and implementation
7. Experience with scripting language like Perl
8. Ability to work alone, as a team member, and/or across multiple teams concurrently
9. Strong oral and written communications skills
10. Strong analytical and listening skills
11. Experience with Investment banking, Derivatives clearing/settlement processes and applications is a plus
1. Experience in Listed Derivatives, FX domains and working business knowledge of futures, options and spread trading.
Analysis & Problem Solving: Identifies the key issues in situations, analyses the data, recognizes the root cause of problems and generates successful solutions.
Career Focus: Possesses career focus and level of ambition, which are consistent with the direction and focus of the organization and appropriate to career level within the organization. Demonstrates enthusiasm and career commitment.
Innovation & Creativity: Creating new and imaginative approaches to work related issues.
Questions traditional approaches and demonstrates creativity in the generation of ideas and vision.
Quality Orientation: Committed to delivering and achieving high quality work.
Technical Ability: Possesses and maintains a high level of technical/professional knowledge and skills so as to maximize performance.
*Either skills or additional skills are required
No items to display.
Additional Skills: Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors more junior technical staff. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires six or more years of demonstrated applications development experience with at least one project as the application development technical lead on a "large” project (i.e., a project with duration of more than 6,000 hours or spanning more than 4 months).
Apply by creating/using an account