Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position: Business Intelligence Engineer II
Location: Seattle, WA
Duration: 6+ Months (W2 ONLY)
*Shortlisting Wednesday 10/10)
M-F 8-5 (possible to extend/convert based on performance)
3-5 years experience, degree required
Top 3 skills:
o Data analysis – having worked on complex project – analysis and deep diving to solve complex problems
o Has great communication
Day to day:
o Technical skills – different technologies. Using SQL to extract and analyze data
o Excel skills
o Visualization tool – tableau
o Having data visualization background (analyze data and created a dashboard)
o Ability to assess your audience and present data in the correct way
o Working with different data sources – extracting data from sharepoint or excel or a website and combining it to analyze it
SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED:
Client seeks an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to join a newly created Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance (ERMC) team.
Client has a diverse set of global businesses, and each business has some level of compliance requirements across multiple areas, including Payments, Trade, Human Resources, Tax, Social Responsibility, and others.
While the responsibility for maintaining compliance is with the individual business areas, this team ensures each business has an effective ERMC program with processes, controls and self-testing in place to address their regulatory responsibilities.
This team also assists in risk ranking and mitigation of gaps identified throughout the organization.
In this role, you will own the root cause analysis for the transactions reported to the regulatory bodies for the Denied Party Screening program by Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance (ERMC).
The root cause analysis will drive long-term strategic decisions for ERMC on where to invest preventative technological resources.
You will need to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to solve problems, create operational efficiencies, and deliver successfully against high organizational standards. You should be able to apply a variety of tools, data sources, and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and present insights in a concise and effective manner.
This is a high impact role with goals that directly influence the bottom line of the business.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Apply analytics and data mining techniques to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
• Employ appropriate tools, methodologies to Client patterns of risks, gaps, and help reduce reportable transactions to the regulatory bodies.
• Solve analytical problems and effectively communicate methodologies and results.
• Design and develop automated dashboards to monitor and highlight key trends, drivers, and anomalies.
• Partner with Operations, Tech , and Compliance, to quantify risks and opportunities for the improved screening.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, or related field.
• 5+ years' experience as a BIE, data analyst, data scientist, data engineer, or similar job function in a technology company.
• Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
• Advanced skills in Excel as well as any data visualization tools like Quicksight, Tableau or similar BI tools.
• Experienced working in very large data warehouse environments.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office(predominantly MS Excel and MS SharePoint)
• Knowledge of AWS solutions such as Redshift, S3.
• Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management.
• MBA or Master in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, or related field.
• Experienced supporting projects involving complex data sets and high variability.
• Experienced conducting complex data analysis (what-if scenarios, A/B testing, etc.) and using Client models.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively. communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Experienced handling confidential and sensitive data.
• Designed and developed data infrastructure to support business growth.
Apply by creating/using an account