Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
****Hard start date of 10/3****
****Work duration will be 9-10 hours a day****
***** this is a very short term 5 day assignment******
What they are looking for:
• Doing work for the Client book store in Berkley, CA
• Team installs POS systems, price check stations, hand held computers
• Setting up laptops in the back of the store.
• Nothing will be too technical
• The team has already Layed out an SOP guide for what the task to be performed
• Some technical knowledge, but hands on experience is ideal
• Installation experience, service desk level 1 type work, help desk level experience, Light technician background is ideal
• Won't have to deal with any software, more so plug and play work
• Someone who will be reliable and show up and do the work
• Self sufficient
What's the timeline in terms of start and end date? Will this person be working standard core hours (8-5, 9-6 etc.) throughout the assignment?
• This will be a 5 day long temp assignment hours will be roughly 9 am- 6 pm
What's the work environment like where this person will sit?
• Book store, fully furnished store, construction finished site, a lot of other workers coming and going
Services to be performed
Client Books Temporary Technical Support Tech
About Client Books:
Client Books is a physical retail store that offers a curated selection of books and an array of Client devices. We've applied twenty years of online bookselling experience to build a store that integrates the benefits of retail and online book shopping. Prices are the same as those offered by Client.com and the knowledgeable staff tailor their approach to the unique needs of each customer, to deliver an exceptional in-store experience. The ideal candidate loves books, is excited by technology, and views their role as critical to establishing a facility that provides an exceptional customer experience.
What You Do:
Operational Excellence: You take great pride in setting up the store. No task is beneath you and you know when to ask your colleagues for help. You will install Point of sales systems, Price check systems, handheld devices and setup Demo devices. You follow installation procedures and schematics, as well as validation of installed systems.
You support Technical operations team by finalize Point of sales systems, Price check stations, and Back of House tools. Technical issues don't faze you. You are comfortable operating all of the systems, tools, and devices used within the store.
You are a problem solver. You jump in and learn things that are unfamiliar to you. You identify issues and escalate them when appropriate in a timely manner.
You are a stickler for maintaining a clean and pleasant store environment. You are diligent about keeping your work and break areas clean.
Team Contributor: You understand that if the team doesn't work well together, we won't be successful in creating a space where customers are drawn to come and spend time. So you work hard to strengthen the team by asking for help when you need it, openly sharing what you know, expressing ideas for improving the way things get done, and helping us have fun along the way.
You are comfortable working in a dynamic environment. You truly enjoy the part you play in setting up the store and view your role as critical to establishing a facility that provides an exceptional customer experience. This motivates you to be on time and ready to go for each shift. You punch in and out on time and recharge yourself by taking regular breaks. At this time, we are only looking for Temporary Associates.
KEY JOB DUTIES
• Perform installation duties assigned related to store technology systems to include point of sale, price check station and associate hand held computer; Install, validate, audit device quantities and
• Provide documentation and verbal feedback to Launch Engineers.
• Ability to understand workflow and daily production goals using provided training documentations and material
• Adhere to all call out and defined security requirements with no exceptions
• Identify problems quickly, escalating to problem solver as necessary
• Assist in keeping work area clean and organized
• Work safely at all times and enthusiastically participate in safety initiatives
• Identify and address all safety hazards within the work area; report all injuries to management
• Must be at least 18 years or older
• High school Diploma
• Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights and holidays
• Must be able to work overtime as required
• Basic computer troubleshooting skills
• Must be familiarity of Basic hand and power tools
• Have a high attention to detail
• Able to follow technical written procedures
• Able to read and take directions in English
• Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds
• Ability to stand/walk for shifts 10 to 12 hours' long
• Willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach (including overhead)
• Able to work in various temperature conditions (including inside and outside the facility)
• At least 2 years of Technical education
• Point of Sales installation Experience and/or technology systems
Apply by creating/using an account