Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Job Title: Data Analyst II
Location: Virtual Location – Arizona
Duration: 6+ Months (40 hours in a week) (Possible Extension)
Specialized in the back end (Data Engineer/Analysts) data infrastructures. The people in these roles will work closely with the programmer/analysts and data engineer/analysts on our WW team to leverage existing tools and data infrastructures where applicable.
- Create and optimize data persistence, processing, and accessibility of new and existing infrastructures that enable insights
- Elevate the user-experience and overall look-and-feel of new and existing infrastructures and web-based tools
- Adopt and promote best practices for software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, and recent advances in distributed systems
- Work closely with non-technical customers and stakeholders to define and scope requirements
The people in these roles must have must have experience working with leaders who do not have a tech background including translating requirements and driving recommendations on optimal solutions.
The data feeds that currently exist for our broader team may already be pulling in data we will also be using. Since we are planning to leverage the data feeds from Network Shared Services (NSS), this may mean that the Data Engineer/Analyst is needed for a shorter period of time than 6 months.
For the right person, is there any chance for flexibility on the schedule or the option to work remotely?
• This team supports a unique to Client program for senior leaders that recently received funding for international expansion. We received funding for expansion based on data we are capturing based on program impact. We are a gold standard program that has served as model for other program designs. We desperately need better tools and reporting to help us scale and continue to invest our time in creating value for our customers.
- BS Degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience using SQL/MySQL
- 2+ years of experience developing data infrastructures
- 2+ years of experience with basic data structures and RDBMS fundamentals
- 2+ years of experience with Data Warehousing and ETL
- Understanding of web services technologies, such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, and JSON
- Experience with AWS technologies (DynamoDB, RDS, S3, RedShift, SQS, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop creative, scalable solutions with passion for user experience
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines
- Strong ability to interact, communicate, present and influence within multiple levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Sharepoint administration
- Proficiency in modern web development skills/languages, including HTML, CSS, JS frameworks (Angular JS, React, etc.)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with creating, supporting, extending, and enhancing usability and functionality of new web-based tools and applications
- Experience with elevating the user-experience and overall look-and-feel of new web-based tool
What are some of the performance indicators you'll be looking for once this person ramps up? (Meeting deadlines, quality of work, etc.)
• Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with multiple teams.
• A strong ability with designing elegant customer experiences and improving product usability.
• Ability to proactively deep dive and recommending optimal solutions and designs.
Do you have a particular interview process in mind? This is completely up to you, but we typically see an initial phone screen followed by an in-person.
• In Person w/LP and that includes Work Demo
Are you looking to interview as soon as you find a strong candidate? Or are you looking to conduct interviews during a particular timeframe?
• Week of Sept 10 – all interviews scheduled for this week and completed.
Apply by creating/using an account