Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
The Information Architect will bring subject matter expertise on Visa data, lead active and ongoing management of information about the data through its lifecycle of interest and usefulness to Visa BI solutions and related data products.
We’re looking for skilled individuals who can work across a range of data platforms and interact with stakeholders across the organization to create detail business and technical definitions of data used for BI and analytics, and present the same with business context for usage. The perfect candidate can apply a breadth of knowledge on payment processing, deep technical skills on data architecture and sourcing, and strategic thinking on business context, to develop comprehensive data dictionary and business glossary. The candidate should have experience establishing best practices for master data and meta data management practices and leverage of related tools.
The main function of the data architect will be to ensure that the data assets of the organization are well documented and enable governance of the same to support the organization in achieving its strategic goal. The data architect is responsible for setting enterprise standards for metadata integration, and the means to get to the information on data from BI and Data Sources layers.
• Leads data discovery for accurate business definitions of BI metrics and attributes, and presents the same in an organized and structured manner for easy retrieval and consumption by BI users, applications and self serve analytic platforms.
• Ensures metadata consolidation and integration.
• Participates in data collection, representation, and management; data standards; and policy as it pertains to Business Intelligence and Analytic products and solutions.
• Supports Requirements Analysis, Presenting Technical Information, Data Profiling and Reporting, as required to document metadata and enable governance.
• Is an expert in Visa (Payments) data (internal and external) and can determine the best way to put information together.
• Ensures information repository is well managed, and enables sharing for formulation of enterprise-specific data metrics.
• Implementing industry standards and industry best practices for metadata management and governance.
• 8+ years of Database modeling, data warehousing, business intelligence, analytics or related experience. 3+ years of experience with Data Management or Data Architecture in banking/payments industry as well as understanding of payments industry data and metrics is desirable.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline.
• Expertise in database design and data query languages like SQL, Hive, Hue, PIG
• Expertise in BI and data warehousing principles including data modeling, data quality, extract/transform/load process as they apply to data preparation for BI/ Analytic solutions.
• Understanding of BI tools such as Micro Strategy, Tableau, SAS
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
• Must work well in highly collaborative, matrixed and team oriented environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communications skills - capable of developing well-structured communications and presentations.
• Strategic and analytical ability to synthesize and organize data/information into actionable recommendations with clear customer and shareholder impact.
Apply by creating/using an account