Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
• Hiring for multiple teams to cover leaves of absence. One is on delivery experience, one is on transaction risk management, one is in Prime restaurants. Supporting those businesses.
• Functionally, it will be the same skill set, regardless of which team they end up on. Fairly interchangeable, no need for industry specific knowledge. More important is good communication, etc.
• Tasks will vary role to role, some will have a more active in month end, some more reporting based, others will have ad hoc analysis, and others will be a combo of all of those things.
• Strong excel, communication skills, good understanding of how businesses operate. They can usually adapt to different functional areas.
• Preferred skills, they know a finance person doesn’t always have SQL skills but in some of the roles, to get to a lot of the data, what they would need to be able to find it in a database. Writing an SQL query. A little more technically savvy for a finance person.
• Pick up basic coding languages, learn new systems self-sufficiently. Not intimidated by learning new systems.
• This gets your foot in the door at Client. Work with the people that would potentially hire you. Easier to communicate with the teams that actually have openings. Not replacing permanently but there is an option. Some teams might have openings, but no guarantees.
• Leadership principles: Dive Deep, earn trust, frugality being on the finance side and ensure the business is being frugal. Deliver results, learn and be curious (pick up new systems, learn new business).
• Mainly 9-5 but finance can have a number of peak periods that can cause it to spike a little beyond the 9-5. Depending on when they start. Definitely opportunity for overtime with peaks and valleys. A little more up and down than a steady 40 every week. For some 40, will be minimum and we may see beyond that some weeks and months.
• WFH: Generally no, would have to talk to each of the teams to see how they view it. Usually quite a bit of interaction with business team onsite in meetings.
Responsibilities will include:
· Review of various monthly/quarterly/annual deliverables in relation to the group’s digital business to support both internal and external financial reporting, accounting and controllership.
· Monthly review and sign off on certain digital content related balance sheet account reconciliations and investigate/resolve any variances.
· Preparation of US GAAP technical accounting memos on digital content contracts.
· Working closely with the content acquisition team to understand new contracts and the associated accounting implications.
· Providing insightful analysis and understanding of business performance.
· Reporting in line with group deadlines.
· Quarterly review and sign off on certain SOX 404 key controls associated with the group’s digital business.
· Quarterly preparation of the group’s digital commitments schedule.
· Ad hoc, cross functional project work, including, but not limited to, accounting/process integration with Client systems and policies.
· Working closely with business partners in US, and globally to identify process improvement opportunities for existing processes and controls, and drive positive change across the organization.
· Building an efficient and effective internal controls environment for Client Video that is consistent with Client’s high standards and practices.
· Applying knowledge of multiple reporting systems to deliver solutions. This requires advanced computer literacy (MS Office, especially Excel) and the aptitude to understand system dependencies. Knowledge of Access, Oracle, SAP, Hyperian Essbase, Cognos, database structures and SQL are an advantage.
We are a global leader in online media. We obsess over our customers and that's where we make our investments. We thrive on hiring dedicated, high-achieving professionals who work hard together to meet the cutting-edge opportunities and challenges of e-commerce
· Degree in accounting or related field with sufficient experience to sit for the CPA exam (a CPA license is not required for this position)
· Five or more years of work related experience with financial reporting and internal controls
· Working knowledge of the COSO internal control framework and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
· Familiarity with GAAP research tools and the FASB codification
· Experience with researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
· CPA (or equivalent)
· Two or more years of accounting experience Big Four (public) including a senior accountant level with one or more Fortune 500 clients or equivalent
· Experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech start-up or similar company
· Demonstrated history of solving multiple complex operational and accounting challenges
· Aptitude for team leadership—influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
· Natural propensity for organization and an aptitude for information technology
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
· Excellent analytical skills
Apply by creating/using an account