Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position: Warehouse Worker
Location: Seattle, WA
Duration: 6+ Months (W2 ONLY)
PHONE SCREEN TO HIRE!
Notes from HM:
-Typical warehouse work, not something that you wouldn't see in any other warehouse.
-Warehouse location will be announced after offer acceptance - I will update group with
- please screen for these items prior to submitting:
-Everyone is required to be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Can't have someone bring a doctor's note, no reasonable accommodation.
-Need a high school diploma or GED. Under 18.
-Everyone has to be comfortable using a forklift. Can train for that – even if they have a certification, they will still need to go through Client's certification.
-Warehouse space itself is not climate controlled, can get pretty cool (now it's 50), summer can get pretty hot (90-95). Working on creating a climate controlled break room, but not currently available. Must be okay with working in that environment.
Nice to have:
-Warehouse experience is great, don't know that it's a must because he doesn't want to DQ someone without warehouse experience. Definitely a plus but not a must have.
-Knows how to be mechanically inclined
-Look out for safety call outs in resumes
-Sweetest warehouse shift of all time: 8:30-5. That being said, they should be open to some overtime. May ask someone to come in on an extra day, maybe a weekend. Need flexibility, reality of operations. Need that flexibility. Shifts may change, so right now just planning one shift but the business may need two shifts. Maybe Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat.
-Phone screen to hire. Please ask basic qualification questions prior to submitting resume.
-Will need to pass a drug test!
Services to be performed:
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we've been pushing the boundaries of 'possible' further and further. Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren't content with just standing still. We're aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Client is looking for temporary warehouse associates who can thrive in a fast-paced environment that involves working with and around moving machinery. This position will be at warehouse located in Seattle, WA.
As an Client associate, there are a variety of jobs you can be trained in and asked to do. These include but are not limited to stowing items into a bin, picking orders, packing these orders, sorting items and placing orders on to trucks. This warehouse will rely upon powered industrial trucks (PIT) equipment such as stand-up forklifts. You will be expected to have an understanding of all aspects of your role and to follow specific safety, quality and production standards in order to meet customer demand.
What does a Warehouse Associate do?
- Receives product using frequency scanners, pulls and packs products and unloads shipments from trucks.
- Hands-on work. You can expect to handle packages ranging from small envelopes up to boxes weighing up to 49 pounds.
- Be on the move. You should be willing and able to operate carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment in order to move large quantities of merchandise throughout a 10-12 hour day.
- Potential requirement to operate powered industrial truck equipment. You may be asked stow and pick items from our racks, which can be approximately 45 feet tall, and sometimes in narrow aisles.
Things you should know about working in a warehouse:
- We are committed to providing one of the safest work environments. This means you wear a reflective vest, stretch, provide safety tips, and recognize each other for working safely.
- We are customer obsessed, and together we focus on the customers to ensure their satisfaction. Because meeting customer expectations are a must, quality and productivity are critical.
- Noise levels vary and can sometimes be loud in parts of the building. Hearing protection is available.
- A relaxed dress code gives you freedom to move around and feel comfortable (but safe) while working.
- Flexibility is key; associates should be open to working voluntary and mandatory extra hours and to working at a fast pace.
- Temperature in some parts of our warehouse may vary and can occasionally exceed 90 degrees. Especially if you're working in the truck yard or inside of a trailer on the dock during a hot day.
- Some tasks will require standing in one place for extended periods of time (up to 10-12 hours a day), while others involve walking around the facility, including climbing stairs – comfortable, closed-toed shoes are a must!
- Flexibility to work any shift, willing and able to work overtime as required
- You must be able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours a day and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, all with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You're able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs).
- You must be willing and able to work on powered industrial trucks, such as a forklift.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with a forklift
- Previous shipping and receiving experience
- Capable of providing direction to team members using independent judgment
- Organization and time management skills
- Previous Warehouse experience
Apply by creating/using an account