Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: IT Architect
Duration: 6 + Months of contract
Shift: 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Job Description: Opportunity to join Data Center Consolidation Program Team as a Migration Architect supporting application transformation migrations into Next-Generation Hyper-converged hybrid cloud environment.
Position is as a migration architect supporting multiple application migrations being conducted as a part of a multi-year Data Center Consolidation/site exit Program. Applications migrating are being transformed into FIS' next-generation hyper-converged hybrid cloud environment. This is a solutions architect role that requires broad experience and knowledge in both applications and infrastructure (network, firewall, hardware etc.) architecture. Applications exist across multiple technology platforms but primarily MS products. Must understand how applications behave under various conditions. Must understand and plan for application future state in the new environment. Familiarity with the different application migration methodologies (seed-and-swing, clone-and-swing and forklift) is required. Application expertise with databases as back-end (SQL or Oracle) is a must.
The Migration Architect provides expertise in designing and executing against a strategy for collecting and assessing key application business and technical requirements in preparation for a technology change. This professional is equipped with the core infrastructure knowledge and necessary business acumen required to lead workshops with both the infrastructure and application teams, with the purpose of developing dependency mapping relationships needed for migration planning events. Additionally, the architect has the skillset to use in-house or vendor-developed tools for inventorying logical assets and creating application connection maps. 10+ years managing complex projects and leading teams
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Advanced knowledge of datacenter migration/consolidation lifecycle
Advanced knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in application mapping
Proficiency in creating detailed plans and processes related to data and datacenter migration and application systems migration
Operating systems: RHEL Linux, Windows, HPUX, AIX, Solaris
Database: Oracle, SQL, DB2
Clustering/High Availability: Virtualization (ESX/VMware VMs, nPar/vPar, hard/soft zones), many types of storage and Raid levels, Thick and thin provisioning, VCS, Microsoft/SQL Clusters, various load balanced solutions (F5-GTM/LTM GLB LLB VIPS), horizontal and vertical application clusters; granular recovery, Global Load Balancing, and DNS
Networking: TCP/IP, UDP, IPsec, VRRP, OSPF, DMVPN
Exadata, Golden Gate, DataGuard
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education is desired.
Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of IT Architect job:
• Must have led the technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside the realm of immediate workgroup
• Demonstrated experience as the application development system designer or technical lead on many "very large” (i.e., 10,000 hours or more spanning more than 6 months) projects
• May also require one or more of the following experience requirements:
– Five or more years working in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment (ZOS, UNIX, Windows)
– Five or more years demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) databases
– Five or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies
– Successful design and implementation of applications in a shared service bureau environment
– Experience in building On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), batch and reporting systems
– Experience in using Unified Modeling Language (UML) for Object Modeling
– Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc.)
Apply by creating/using an account