Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Technical Product Manager - Monitoring and Observability
Onsite in Foster City, CA
6+ Month Contract
Interview process: 1 phone and 1 on-site.
questions you should ask yourself before applying:
. Do you have a good understanding on Google's SRE methodologies/best practices or have you done DevOps or SRE transformation in recent past? If so, please explain.
2. Explain your understanding of technical product manager role expectations
3. Are u comfortable working with overseas teams
7+ Years of relevant Experience to help us achieve the following-
• Experience ideation for next-gen observability improvements for Visa
• Evolving OperA monitoring and alerting infrastructure to leverage advanced techniques such as anomaly/outlier detection and machine learning
• Overhauling our structured logging infrastructure to handle near-real time, short-term and long-term querying of our terabytes-per-day log ingestion scale
• Building the next generation of our distributed tracing infrastructure in partnership with our Kubernetes, on-premises teams
Empowering our Technical Support and Operations teams to troubleshoot detailed partner issues using high-cardinality time-series and event data from our time-series stores
Key Responsibilities include:
• Be the champion for Visa's monitoring and observability customers to ideate
• Play the Product Owner as well as Scrum master role in an Agile environment for multiple teams
• Develop product adoption/ migration plans, to include collaterals, training aids and integration guides
• Work with program managers to maintain product roadmaps and capabilities
• Be informed of trends in industry & developer tools, virtualization, containers, service mesh etc., and demonstrate working knowledge in these areas.
• Bring SRE best practices at Visa
• Work cross-functionally to obtain stakeholder consensus, facilitate timely execution and manage
• Knowledge and understanding across a wide breadth of technology domains, with the ability to quickly assimilate the inter-relationships of various disciplines
• Ability to interact with personnel at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and to comprehend complex business initiatives
• You will be able to articulate product requirements to various audiences (high level to deep low level technical).
• Experience leading a team of developers, architects and/or product managers in a cloud related product/service
Must Have Skills:
• Current experience on Java development, Timeseries Database technologies, React framework, Mobile, RESTApi's, Kafka, Open TSDB, Prometheus, User Experience ideation
• 5+ years of related experience preferably in an agile development environment and at least 4 years hands-on software development experience
• 5+ years experience in product management
• Domain knowledge in SRE, DevOps, Logging and monitoring, infrastructure management and data center tool enablement
• Strong analytical skills and ability to draw insights from data
• Strong technical knowledge and an ability to influence engineering decisions.
Nice To Have Skills:
• Collaborate closely with DevOps Engineers, Partners, Internal customers
• Working knowledge of product release management challenges and best practices around product versioning, backwards compatibility etc.,
• Build repeatable structures that help usher in operational rigor promotes visibility to management, customers and partner teams.
• Impeccable leadership skills - Building, leading and instilling teams with a constant focus on accountability, delivery, and positive customer experiences.
• Be a top performer who thrives in a very dynamic and demanding environment, thinks critically, delivers quickly, and collaborates across a variety of functions.
• Demonstrate strong internal drive, a tenacious spirit, a collaborative method of working
Excellent communication skills, diplomacy, collaboration, good judgment and killer instincts are important success factors for this role. You have the "know how " to get things done and get the best out of your collaborators without burning your bridges.
Apply by creating/using an account