Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Title : Remote French Canadian Speech and Language Annotator.
Duration : Contract till end of March 2019
Company : World's no. 1 eCommerce company - Team sits in Boston.
Schedule : M- F - 40hrs.
-We need native French Canadian speakers
-They will be required to attend meetings virtually once working
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), remote opportunity; this role requires working Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm EST.
(1) 30 MINUTE ONSITE OR VIDEO CONFERENCE
Can you give me a quick overview of what your team does, and why you're looking to bring on a Temp? (Cover LOA, increased workload, new project, etc.)
• ADS group
Doing work around categorization and voice data (confidential work)
Analyzing or generating of data sets in the language
• Native fluency
a.) fluency in respective language
b.) language background, reading, writing
c.) transcription and annotation will require extreme attention to details
What's the timeline in terms of start and end date? Will this person be working standard core hours (8-5, 9-6 etc.) throughout the assignment?
• virtual remote, but candidates need to be on EST. they will be supporting east coast operations, so ideally need east coast candidates
Will be working the normal 9-5 hours Mon- Fri
Once this assignment gets underway, do you think there's any chance for extension or conversion?
• yes goal is to convert candidates to FTE
With some of the other huge tech companies out there, competition for talent at all levels can get pretty tough at times. When suppliers start sourcing, what would you say are some of the main selling points that would get candidates interested in your role over another?
• Brand new teams- someone who is excited about driving projects, being a part of creating something from scratch.
• Would be working fully in the language they are hired for
• Good environment for them to be practicing their English as well as the native language
What are some of the performance indicators you'll be looking for once this person ramps up? (Meeting deadlines, quality of work, etc.)
Able to get through the training assessments with a passing score
• Meeting deadlines, quality of work, work is double checked, would determine accuracy to make sure everything is accurate,
Which leadership principles resonate most with you and that you would like to see in a new team member?
• Insist on highest standards
•Attention to detail is critical
Client Device is seeking a Data Associate to join our data team in We are building language solutions that power the Device products.
This role focuses on language data, primarily in the areas of transcription, text annotation, and general data analysis deliverables. The Associate must be capable of:
◦ Transcribing and annotating high priority deliverables
◦ Delivering high quality work under aggressive deadlines
◦ Translating established guidelines into daily work practices
◦ Working autonomously with minimal direction
◦ Handling unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers
◦ Contributing to process improvements to reduce handling time and improve output
In addition, the Data Associate will need to quickly understand changes to conventions deployed in response to customers' requests and change workflows accordingly. The Associate should be able to contribute to improvements in the software tools by identifying bugs and suggesting enhancements.
The Data Associate must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. The ideal candidate also:
◦ Shows proactive behavior in addressing issues and problems
◦ Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills, and is very detailed-oriented
◦ Is comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
◦ Demonstrates willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept re-prioritization as necessary
◦ Adapts quickly to keep up with changing project conventions and new projects
· Fluency in Canadian French and English, both verbal and written
· Able to work with audio content (wearing headsets) for a portion of the day
· Experience using English in a professional setting
· Working knowledge of computers
· Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; a degree working with language, linguistics preferred
· Experience working as a transcriber or annotator
· Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
· Experience working with language data, including experience with annotation and other forms of data markup
· Interest in semantics and related areas
Reason for Request:
Apply by creating/using an account