Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Role Title: Manager, Environmental Risk Management
LOB: Risk Management
Tentative Start Date: July 2, 2018
Duration: Approximately 14 months
Hours (is there a possibility of OT): Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm – no overtime expected at this time.
Possibility of Extension/Conversion: No extension or conversion expected
This team is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Environmental Risk Management and the related corporate policies within the bank. Environmental risk management covers any impact to the bank or clients related to the environment (air/water/natural resources/etc.) and is responsible for ensuring the bank is not involved in, or support business who are involved in, any activities that may be negatively impacting the environment.
As an Environmental Risk Manager, you will join Environmental Risk Management group to be responsible for the implementation and management of corporate programs to support Corporate Environmental Policy. This includes: promote awareness throughout on environmental issues, develop and communicate best practices for environmental management system and for reporting from all areas of operations, manage corporate environmental and environmental compliance programs, and provide guidance to businesses and infrastructure groups on environmental issues.
• Implement and manage programs that support Corporate Environmental Policy and supporting standards and procedures
• Deliver presentations and training to business and infrastructure groups to promote awareness of environmental issues and commitment to the environment
• Organize and lead involvement in environmental events
• Collect, analyze and report on data related to environmental aspects
• Prepare environmental reporting and manage content, including internal and external websites, external reporting
• Manage the completion of reports and questionnaires on environmental management and performance, further to requests by external agencies, fund managers and others
• Act as a technical resource on environmental initiatives and environmental compliance requirements in support Corporate Environmental Policy and related standards
• 5+ years of work experience in a role related to Environmental Risk Management
• Practical and theoretical knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures in the fields of environmental science/engineering and environmental management.
• Extensive knowledge of environmental management systems along with the development and management of corporate environmental programs.
• Well-developed presentation skills in conveying both factual and conceptual information and ideas on issues that require detailed explanation and interpretation.
• Strong influencing skills in eliciting co-operation and building consensus from others in the implementation of a corporate environmental management program.
• Ability to provide ongoing technical advice and guidance on conceptual and complex issues in the areas of environmental science/engineering and environmental management.
Nice to Have Skills/Experience:
• Previous Financial Sector Experience
• MBA Degree (Master of Business Administration)
Apply by creating/using account