Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Job Description: Note: We are seeking a senior level candidate with this role.
Why is this resource needed?:
-This resource is being brought in to help with various adhoc projects related to sales tax and exemptions. This resource will assist with providing insight into researching used sales and sales tax auditing since there is currently a skill gap on the team. This person should enjoy research and be posses knowledge of sales tax and exemption regulations. This person will help provide clarity around updates needed internally via the current tax engine tool used by the team (adding features etc.).
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Assigned a task prioritized and broken into different parts;
• A lot of figuring things out as we go; building upon the general idea of what we need
• Lots of autonomy with the project and lots of work to be done- weekly standup's to give a sense of where we stand and next steps
• Meet with Manager throughout the week;
• Exemption certifications
• Review project findings- what needs to be done to handle the discrepancies?
• Dealing with the technical side of improvement; (any knowledge will be helpful)
What are we looking for?
Top 3 Skills:
• Experience in multiple states at least 15-20 states; sales tax
• Experience with used sales research or audits;
• 3+ years of sales tax experience;
Nice to Have:
-Someone with the knowledge set to help with full stack research related to sales and used taxes.
Best Candidates will:
-Someone who is great in sales and used tax but also has research experience working for a big company;
-Enterprise experience is a huge plus
-Have a College Degree; Note: Need the experience first** but require a healthy balance between experience and education background.
-Learn and Be Curious
-Invent and Simplify
How is performance measured?:
-Task completion and efficiency
-Consistency in their delivery on projects; ability to convey project updates
-Their attention to detail
• "Everything we do here is new; Client is getting into everything! "
• This team believes in constant process improvement and looking for someone who enjoys contribution.
• Gives the opportunity to leave their mark and do something new and different.
-Extension/conversion uncertain at this time.
-M-F Standard 40 hours/week no OT anticipated.
-Open to remote candidates, however, strongly prefer to see candidates local to Seattle.
-1 hour onsite
Services to be performed
Contractor will provide tax exemption certificate specialist ( "Contractor TECS”) to perform certain professional tax services, as directed by Client. The Contractor TECS will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Compiling sales tax research related to exemption certificates
• Prioritizing areas of focus in relation to the research completed
• Creating categorical metrics for sales tax research
• Maintaining categorical metrics for research findings, e.g. scope, outcome
• Identifying actionable and mitigating measures to enforce compliance, risk tolerances, and accuracy of customer exemptions
• Recommend service improvements for the creation and acceptance of customer tax exemptions
• Recommend process improvements for the review of customer tax exemptions, including remediation
Deliverables for this engagement will include:
• Complete sales tax research as requested for various states and exemption types
• Administer and enhance processes as needed
• Identify owners and services for corrective actions/resolutions; to enforce policy
• Periodic work papers to report progress, work efforts, error rates, and other improvement metrics
• 3+ years indirect tax experience in a multi-state, multi-entity organization
• Bachelor's degree
• Extensive experience working with big data and data analytic tools
• Experience with US tax exemptions
• Experience with sales tax research and sales tax audit
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize.
• Very comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment.
• A team oriented, customer-centric attitude.
• Highly organized, self-motivated and detail oriented;
• The ability to conceptualize and manage multiple projects.
• 3+ years minimum of end-consumer transaction tax experience
• Experience working in a multi-national corporate tax department;
• Experience maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation and compliance software (e.g. Vertex, ONESOURCE, Taxware);
• Project management experience
Reason for Request:
Apply by creating/using account