Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Herndon, VA/Washington DC
ASAP through end of 2018 to start
Number of years of exp: 8-12
Responsible for participating as an technical expert in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, contributing to new products implementation, implementing existing products and services, and providing the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Interfaces with Engineering, multiple Shared Service teams and peer operations organizations. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Provides technical leadership to project teams. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. Drives conversations and conclusions based on projects needs and industry best practices in Release Engineering, Continuous Integration space.
• Provides technical leadership and guidance on adoption of industry standard best practices for Continuous Integration and Delivery. Must be able to compare different tools available for the job and work with teams to determine most suitable ones for that team
• Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues.
• Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies, and processes. Ensures projects are fully integrated into the operations environment including lifecycle problem management from front line through Engineering.
• Should be able to create and maintain scripts for cloud deployments
• Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and provides actionable insight to management.
• Leads the integration of projects into continuous delivery including instrumentation, automation, standardization, and methods/procedures.
• Applies advanced engineering methodologies in one or more engineering areas.
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Job Specification: - Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent - Engineering, Computer Science
• Expertise working on Jenkins, creating pipelines to support Continuous Delivery
• Expertise on usage of different SCM tools including SVN and GIT
• Experience with scripting for application support using Python, Shell, Perl or similar languages.
• Experience with troubleshooting operational challenges on Unix environments, such as mount, filesystem issues, etc
• Must have strong communication skills
• Working knowledge of Weblogic, TCServer, JBoss application servers and Apache web servers is required
• Working knowledge of AWS tools and their usage
• Working knowledge of Ab Initio, Tableau, Salesforce deployments
• Keywords: Jenkins, GIT, SVN, Python, DevOps, Automation Engineer, AWS
Apply by creating/using account