Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title-Quality Technician
Location-Big Flats,NY 14814
Duration-5-12 Months contract+
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm, potential for flexibile hours depending on project needs.
Position is in a manufacturing environment, not lab based, candidates must be comfortable working in a manufactruing/industrial environment.
General Quality Technician Job Summary: Encompasses the application of scientific and technological principles concerned with the integrity of manufactured products and processes from an engineering standpoint, esp. design specifications, testing procedures, and minimum quality standards. Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. Areas of specialization include: design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality. May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies. May also be responsible for the unit's Performance Excellence (Six-Sigma) project portfolio, assuring the effective use of different improvement methodologies (DMAIC, Lean, DESGN, etc) toward the achievement of division or plant strategic goals.
Requirements: Sound knowledge of job and a substantial acquaintance with the general aspects of the job. Intermediate level technical understanding. Implements standard procedures and proposes intermediate level modifications to improve workflow. Still generally obtains input to solve more complex problems. Works under general site supervision. Able to gather information independently using established and defined procedures. Able to train new employees to established procedures. Takes initiative in the area of continuous improvement. Uses some discretion. Contacts are typically within organization. May occasionally have contacts with others outside of the organization to seek clarity or ask for interpretation.
Education: AAS Required, 4 year degree is preferred
Experience: 3+ Years preferred, but will consider entry level candidates with the required education.
Manager Must Haves:
- Experience with MS Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Degree in a STEM field (Science, Engineering, Math)
- Technical curiosity and interest in learning
Specific Job Summary
Quality Technician II – key focus areas for job responsibilities at Big Flats
• Management of Share Point lists- Scan and upload reports and forms to sharepoint and manage the lists and metadata within
• Execute the Incoming Quality Assurance (IQA) procedures- Work with Material Control Lead to check the incoming raw materials and packaging materials, complete all Quality Assurance responsibilities
• Management of production and engineering documents/reports/records- Oversee opening and closing of reports, experiments, deviations, non-conformances and measurement system analysis plans & reports.
• Management of Pre-validation documents- Scan, upload and file all level 5 documentation (URS/FRS/FAT/SAT).
• Control of Records- Log and file calibration and maintenance forms per standard operation procedures. Elevate issues and concerns to Quality Manager.
• Quality Management System (QMS) Analytical Lab- Perform line clearances in the lab
• QMS - Perform line clearances, start-ups, execute label re-prints, assign sample customer batches
• QMS Material Control- Perform verification of finished goods racks and pallets
• QMS Audit- Participate in internal and external audits
• QMS Batch History Record management- Compile and gap assess production records, complete release checklist, and work with Quality Manager to close batches
Apply by creating/using account