Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Job Title- Project Manager (Onsite/w-2)
Location-Painted Post,NY 14870
Duration-12 Months contract+
Exempt Level Position with additional compensation over 40 hrs
Minimum of 2 yr Associates degree; 4 yr Bachelors desired
Minimum of 10 yrs PM Experience
• Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project.
• Develops project scope and objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Has an in-depth understanding of many skills and their applications/interactions or has a very in-depth or broad understanding of two or more skill areas.
• Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Develops technical solutions to highly complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Work is performed without appreciable direction.
• Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
• Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
• Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
• Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
• Cross-functional team responsibility on complex components or complex projects.
• Provides guidance or direction to others.
• Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
• Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
PM Questions –
1- As a PM what is your familiarity of managing a project from a financial approach? Are you capable of doing full estimation of a project? How do you ensure you have covered the full scope of costs? How do you track and report actual costs through the life of your project? Do you understand how to work with the "Capitalization” of a project? Please Describe:
2-Communications skills; are you able to communicate at many levels in a clear and concise manner. In your experience, what types of things change relative to content given various stakeholder groups? For example, have you given presentations at the executive level? Give examples. (PowerPoint etc.)
3-Describe your ability and experiences in developing a "Project Charter”. On average how long do you think one should take? What are the common problems you have experienced with completing one? What do you consider to be standard content of a charter
4-Are you capable of "crossing over” from one discipline to another? For example can you give examples of managing different projects, (i.e. ERP, Infrastructure, Web Apps etc.) Are you comfortable doing that?
Pluses: PMI Cert, Green Belt, Six Sigma, PeopleSoft and/or SAP experience
Apply by creating/using account