Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Here are the job details:
Title: Sourcing Lead
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 6 Months
The Outsourcing Lead (OL) role, reporting to the Outsourcing Group Lead (OGL), is responsible for driving Pharmaceutical's contracts & outsourcing process, working with internal and external stakeholders. The OL role is within the Sourcing Operations team, which is a division of Global Product Development. The OL will negotiate contracts that supports Pharmaceutical's portfolio of clinical studies. The OL is responsible for understanding the contracts & outsourcing process and following all process steps in order to ensure contractual compliance.
• Responsible for the preparation of Request for Proposals. Responsible for the preparation, negotiation and finalization/execution of full-service CRO Work Orders, 3rd party Vendor Services Agreements, Change Orders, Consultant Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Clinical Research Agreements and other types of ad-hoc agreements.
• Directly negotiate proposed changes to standard contract language within guidelines provided by the Legal Division; raise significant requested changes to standard contract language to the Legal Division and significant budget exceptions to the appropriate stakeholders for resolution.
• Learn and follow Pharmaceutical Sourcing Operations processes and tools.
• Work independently and seek assistance when needed.
• Be available and responsive during business hours.
• Communicate concisely and frequently with customers and stakeholders to ensure they have current status of all projetcs; provide realistic expectations of the Pharmaceutical contracting process.
• Provide expertise to study teams; be a problem solver.
• Collaborate with study teams to understand their contracting and outsourcing needs; gain an appropriate level of understanding of study requirements in order to meet contractual needs.
• Sourcing Operations
• Clinical Operations study teams
• External vendors and consultants
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BA or BS degree and/or recognized amount of work experience (preferably in a related discipline). An advanced degree (MBA, JD, etc.), prior management responsibilities, and/or substantial work experience is preferential for the Director Level (P05).
• Clinical trials Sponsor experience, CRO operational and/or Client experience, or other trial related experience, including significant experience negotiating and drafting clinical trial-related agreements is required.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills and proficiency with MS Office applications (Word/PPT/Excel) required: experience with Ariba Contracts Workbench, Grants Manager and / or other industry cost and planning tools preferred.
• Prior Experience:
o Knowledge of the clinical development process; previous work history in clinical research and in negotiating and drafting of contracts.
o Experience working with, or in, CROs
o Understanding of contracting principles and applicable regulations governing clinical research.
o Demonstrated effective influencing, negotiating, interpersonal, leadership, and team player skills
o Customer focused and solution oriented.
o Excellent analytical and financial skills required. Self-starter, independent worker.
o Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
o Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
o Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
o Internal and external influencing abilities for expectation and timeline management
Position Comments visible to MSP and Supplier:
Apply by creating/using account