Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Systems Programmer III*
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Duration: 6 Months plus extensions
Remote position can sit in any location after initial training period in Little Rock, AR. Please provide candidate location (city, state) in submittal comments. Training expenses reimbursed.
Scripting expert in all UNIX shell and other associated scripting languages. Will split time approximately 50% between Unix Migration project and other priorities.
• Programming background/education
• Extensive knowledge of Bourne shells, i.e. sh, ksh, with primary emphasis on bash
• Ability to read, comprehend, and translate scripts from one shell to another
• Advanced Unix/Linux system administration background
• Self-motivated, ability to follow complex instructions, creative thinking skills
Reviews, analyzes, develops, installs, modifies, and maintains Unix Scripts based on given requirements
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides technical support activities for a production processing environment.
• Writes and develops Unix Scripts based on requirements
• Analyzes and resolves problems
• Provide programming and scripting support
• Creates and maintains documentation as it relates to script maintenance/management
• Provide after-hours support as necessary
• Educates internal users as needed
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience with an emphasis on programming
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Requires a very strong background as a programmer using Unix Bash Shell Scripting
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
• Requires advanced knowledge of Red Hat Linux Operating System
• Ability to understand and apply common programming practices/standards
• Basic understanding of networking concepts and protocols
• Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Flexibility, versatility, dependability
• Programming Skills
• Unix Bash Shell Scripting
• Unix Administration – (Red Hat Linux preferred)
• This role requires a high skill level in programming using Unix Bash Shell.
• Other programming experience in addition would be beneficial.
• Works well independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to overcome major obstacles.
• Must be able to analyze minimal requirements, and produce a solution to accomplish the expected results.
• Typically requires a minimum of 5 to 8 years programming experience in a technical environment.
Additional Skills: Career professional role requiring high skill with Unix Scripting. Works independently with only administrative supervision and the ability to overcome major obstacles and recognize early when issues should be escalated or a senior peer needs to be consulted. Wide latitude for independent judgment and is expected to provide guidance and cross-training to others. Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to negotiate complex processes and issues with others. Contributes to the development, documentation and implementation of standards or guidelines. Typically requires a minimum of 5 to 8 years programming experience in a technical environment.
Apply by creating/using account