Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Senior Technical Writer
Location: Menomonee Falls WI
Duration: 6 Months plus extensions
- Conducting user and task analyses:
---- Identify the user, user job functions, user knowledge level, user assumptions, conditional tasks, and the role that the user assistance plays in helping users do their jobs.
- Identifying required user assistance content:
---- Analyze functional specifications and support documentation and work closely with subject matter experts to identify the content required to meet user needs.
- Determining a user assistance strategy. Develop a cost-effective user assistance strategy for new products, enhancements, and maintenance items.
- Creating user assistance. Transform the results of analysis and strategy into clear, concise user assistance deliverables that adhere to established standards and help FIS clients understand and make effective use of FIS products.
- Contributing to functional design of products and enhancements (for example, field labels, error messages, and page names).
- Managing projects. Define the work strategy for assigned projects through accurate estimates and plans. Manage the entire documentation development life cycle process from design to final implementation. Contribute to the overall success of the primary project.
- Managing relationships. Work effectively with FIS colleagues representing a wide range of business functions, including product management, development, project management, support, education and training, client services, etc.
- Contributing to internal process improvements and other duties, as assigned.
- Ability to quickly learn complex software systems and financial industry business concepts, as well as the tools of our trade.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated talent for explaining complex concepts in easy-to-understand terms.
- Solid logic with regard to organizing information effectively.
- Proficiency with documentation development tools and technology, including Microsoft® Word and Excel, XML (desired), DITA Exchange (desired), SharePoint.
- Basic knowledge of software development methodology. Experience with Agile development is a plus.
- High degree of flexibility in response to project challenges.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to work equally well independently and as a team player.
Primary deliverables may include but are not limited to:
--- Online help systems
--- Traditional end-user manuals
--- Administration guides
--- Installation guides
--- Client communications (release notes and enhancement or maintenance bulletins)
- 5 months
- Potential to extend based on performance
- Must work on-site in Milwaukee
- No travel expected
- Intial phone screen
- Followed by a REQUIRED in-person interview
- IBS Product User Documentation
*Either skills or additional skills are required
No items to display.
Additional Skills: Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Writes a variety of highly skilled technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses. Keep informed of product development activities to determine the need for revisions, corrections, and changes in previously printed materials & is responsible for getting client input on re-documentation efficiencies. Provides direction and training to other in departments. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects and may assist less experienced peers. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires five or more year's demonstrated experience of technical/business writing.
Apply by creating/using account