OppenheimerFunds ( "OFI”) is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team. The Accounts Payable Rep Position is responsible for providing financial and administrative duties in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operation in the Accounts Payable Department. These duties include but are not limited to processing invoices and monitoring payments and expenditures that are the financial obligation of OFI Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
• Manage the full accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment; including coding invoices, matching purchase orders, obtaining approval, and entering the invoices into the accounting system.
• Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions
• Ensure all accounts payable policies and procedures are adhered to including travel and related expenses, vendor approval and invoice processing
• Process 3 way / 2 way P.O. matching invoices and resolve receipt discrepancies
• Ability to process various payments and invoices using multiple systems and knowledge of tax
obligations from different jurisdictions
• Assist in monthly close process for AP
• Proficient in MS Office systems with knowledge of SAP preferred, but a strong desire to learn various systems used in AP (SAP, Imaging, Concur, and AP Lynx)
• Ability to learn and understand the Vendor Management process as well as process vendor set ups and changes
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
• High school degree required. College degree or some accounting knowledge preferred
• 2 yrs. experience in an Accounts Payable environment
• Strong verbal and written skills, including the ability to convey a message in clear, concise, organized and compelling manner.
• Strong problem solving and research skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
• Adapts to rapidly changing priorities
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Executes tasks with accuracy and timeliness
• Stays current within discipline, grows skill set
• Knowledge of W9/W8/1099 Reporting requirements for IRS
• Working toward / able to obtain AP Certification
• General understanding of accounting principles
• Basic Industry knowledge
• Holds self and others accountable
We are a dynamic firm that values teamwork and collaboration, and true to our history, we encourage independent thinking and provide ample opportunities for our people to stand out and make a difference. With offices in New York, Denver, Rochester and Dallas, we work hard to turn our unconventional wisdom into value for investors and pursue excellent results for ourselves and our firm. Learn more about the culture and opportunities at OppenheimerFunds here: https://careers.oppenheimerfunds.com
OppenheimerFunds and its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law in all employment functions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and termination of employment.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should visit our vendor management partner at http://www.recruitalliance.com for more information about doing business with OFI.