|Reference # : ||18-37279
||Title : ||Product Safety Data Coordinator and Coding Associate|
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||07/16/2018 / 07/15/2019
| Description |
|Job Description: Product Safety Data Coordinator and Coding Associate|
Length of the Assignment: 12 Months
Project Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Position Type: Contract Role
Client: A Big Pharmaceutical Company
This position will be onsite 5 days/week.
This position is within Client's Product Safety Group.
Description of Responsibilities:
Data entry into the Product Safety database for Adverse Events reported in association with Client's Marketed and investigational products.
The activities include, but are not limited to, data entry, coding into standard dictionaries and writing of narratives based on information provided both on standard forms and from medical records and other documents.
The individual will be responsible for verifying the accuracy and completeness of information for each adverse event report for which he/she is responsible in conjunction with the source documents and ensuring that the activities are performed in a manner consistent with Client's SOPs.
Following successful training, the candidate will be expected to work from home with the requirement to come into the Woodcliff Lake office on Wednesdays each week.
Health Care Professional (with or without previous drug safety experience) or non- health Care Professional with previous drug safety experience desired
• Medical terminology understanding required, with proficiency with MedDRA or doing into other standard medical coding dictionary preferred
• 2-3 year's minimum experience in medical coding/terminology/data entry within a pharmaceutical organization.
• Computer proficiency required, including data entry into standardized electronic databases
STRONG WRITTEN AND VERBAL COMMUNICATIONS ARE ESSENTIAL
• Experience with data entry into drug safety databases such as ARISg/ARGUS, preferred
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong proofreading, editing and reviewing skills are essential
• Must be able to work independently, and possess problem solving skills, but also know when to seek assistance from manager.
Scope of the Job:
At Client there are two groups in this department. The one group takes the reports and enters the data into the system. They consider that more of a coordinator position only. This role is more involved because it requires analysis of the narrative on the reports. There is a template but you need to know what to enter in the template and where. An example is if someone reports a fuzzy head as opposed to a headache, this individual would need to know how to code this.
This team takes care of approx. 7-10 cases per day. The team is also in constant contact with the manager several times per day since this position is mainly done off site. Keep in mind that once the candidate is on boarded they have to work onsite for the first 3-4 weeks for training and then can work from home and is only expected in office on Wednesday's.
Interested candidates can share their most updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or they can reach out to me on #973-967-3412