|Reference # : ||18-37066
||Title : ||Principal Firmware Engineer|
Mounds View, MN
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||07/16/2018 / 04/26/2019
| Description |
|Company: Artech Information Systems|
Job Title: Principal Firmware Engineer
Location: Mounds View, MN
Duration: 9+ months
Job ID: 18-37066
Healthcare Device Engineering is looking for a Principal Firmware Test Engineer to join our R&D Organization to develop and test new and modifications to firmware for cardiac ablation systems. The Principal Firmware Test Engineer will also be responsible for designing automated test systems or subsystems for testing the equipment.
Areas of responsibilities will include firmware test system design, design requirements, test requirements and test procedures, PC-based simulation and test automation. Candidates must be able to generate and review interface specifications, test specifications and test reports in compliance with design control procedures used within the medical device industry. Candidates must also be willing to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, team environment.
CRDM, Device Engineering seeks candidates who will meet our customer expectations by striving without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products, processes and systems by being accountable, having a voice, and taking action.
- The candidate must have the ability to work well with a variety of individuals ranging from various engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical, and software) to marketing, clinical, reliability, regulatory and operations.
- Test, document, operate and maintain software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with mechanical and electrical systems.
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and wide range of products.
- Support Manufacturing in troubleshooting operations involving medical devices through assembly and test
- Research and implement new technologies to enhance product features, improve reliability, and lower cost
- Provide technical assistance to other functional departments such as Quality, Reliability, and Manufacturing
- Work in an Agile environment as part of team, in consultation with Engineering Management
- 10+ years of embedded software testing with Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Software) or
- 8+ years of experience with Masters Degree or
- 7+ years of experience with PhD
- Experience developing test software and automation with C# language and .NET framework
- Strong experience working with hardware, including ability to read schematics, data sheets and interface specifications
- Strong experience in technical specification and report writing
- Must be able to mentor and review the work of less experienced engineers
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Mastery of basic laboratory instruments and tools (e.g. DMM, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer)
- Ability to work in a team environment; strong collaboration skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- MS Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with cardiac ablation products
- Experience with ARM Cortex M processors (preferably STMicro)
- Experience with μC/OS-II real-time operating system
- Experience with IAR Embedded Workbench
- Experience with TCP/IP communication and lwIP
- Experience with CAN bus communication
- Experience with Unity unit test framework
- Specific knowledge of international medical device standards
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers
- May need to sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
- Employee must occasionally lift and move up to 30 lbs
- May require domestic and international travel, up to 10% of the time