|Reference # : ||18-36740
||Title : ||LAN/WAN Engineer|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||07/16/2018 / 01/15/2019
| Description |
|Position: LAN/WAN Engineer|
Location: Princeton, NJ, 08543
Duration: 6 Months
Job ID: 23852-1
Position Type: Contract Role
Client: A Big Pharmaceutical Company
- ? The title of the role is LAN/WAN Engineer.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in computer science or business systems and seven or more years of progressively responsible related experience in information technology services or graduation from a two-year college or university with a degree in computer science or business systems and 10 or more years of progressively responsible related experience in information technology services or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Enterprise-level information technology experience highly desired, Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE routing and switching certifications required.
Interested candidates can share their most updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or they can feel free to call me on #973-967-3412
- Communicates and consults with Enterprise Service Provider (ESP) to maintain LAN/WAN Infrastructure.
- Provides leadership, organization, supervision, and direction for all aspects of LAN/WAN technology in conjunction with Enterprise Service Provider (ESP).
- Manages wide area networks, tracks significant problems, monitors performance, and recommends upgrades to hardware and software as required.
- Assists with testing and evaluation of new technologies for the LAN/WAN
- Must have knowledge of networking protocols like, EIGRP, IGRP, BGP, OSPF, and RIP.
- Experience in MPLS, EWAN, and MAN network environments.
- Experience with using network troubleshooting tools such as Cisco Prime, Netscout, Concord, Wireshark, Traceroute, nslookup, ping, PuTTY/Tera Term, Speedtest, Netstat, IP calculator
- Basic knowledge of WAN acceleration (ie: Riverbed Steelhead / Cisco WAAS).
- Review and maintain network documentation.
- Approve and manage LAN/WAN changes.
- 24 hours/seven days a week on-call status for priority 1 incidents.
- Review and recommend LAN/WAN capacity upgrades or downgrades