|Reference # : ||18-14211
||Title : ||Lab System Engineer|
East Syracuse, NY
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||03/21/2018 / 09/20/2018
| Description |
|Job Title: Lab System Engineer|
Location: East Syracuse, NY, 13057
Duration: 6 Months
Job ID: 22777-1
Position Type: Contract Role on W2
Client: A Big Pharmaceutical Company
- The QC Systems Management team is responsible for implementing and maintaining electronic systems that support operations in the quality control (QC) laboratories.
- This position is responsible for building and sustaining the Laboratory Execution System (LES) that enables the Quality Control laboratories to execute paperless testing and interface with analytical instrument computer systems.
- Create and maintain LES procedures following the system change management process to support routine laboratory testing, method transfers, and method validation activities.
- This requires converting analytical methods and/or procedures into electronic procedures.
- Update/Maintain Empower to ensure connectivity of to the LES procedure.
- Collaborate with appropriate laboratory personnel to ensure laboratory needs and requirements are accurate within the system data setup.
- Test changes/enhancements through dry runs/verifications in development and test environments and receive feedback from lab users.
- Contribute to implementing system improvements to enhance compliance and the efficiency of laboratory operations (i.e. work in progress, metrics monitoring, etc).
- Author, modify, and review standard operating procedures associated with the laboratory support systems.
- Maintain processes for effective communication of system changes/updates.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on functionality and apply knowledge to enhance use of the system that results in increased operational efficiency.
- Provide ad hoc support to users for issues/questions on the system.
- Train users and less experienced staff on use of LES.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, etc:
- Knowledge/experience in QC laboratory operations preferred.
- Working knowledge of databases, laboratory applications, including Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Laboratory Execution System (LES or Electronic Notebook), Discoverant, Maximo, DCA, QUMAS, and various laboratory instrumentation systems (i.e. Empower) and techniques (i.e. HPLC, spectroscopy, ELISA, Bioassay), preferred.
- Specific knowledge of interfaces between Empower and Laboratory Execution Systems (Electronic Notebook) and impact of changes on one system to the other, preferred.
- Specific knowledge of LIMS and interfacing with Laboratory Execution Systems (Electronic Notebooks) and impact of changes on one system to the other, beneficial to the role.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize objectives from multiple projects; adhere to scheduled timelines while maintaining flexibility, independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, attention to detail, and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply cGMPs, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
- Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are essential. Must contribute to a team based, collaborative and positive environment, clarity of purpose and high commitment to business goals.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Access, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word) and/or other relevant software programs, preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant scientific, computer, or engineering program with at least 1-3 years' experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Interested candidates can share their most updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or they can reach out to us on #973-967-3412
- This position is an office based position that may require entry into laboratory spaces to access computer workstations that requires appropriate levels of personal protective equipment (PPE). Walking to laboratory spaces within the building and outside to other buildings where laboratory spaces are located is required.
- Lifting (not to exceed 50 lbs), bending, twisting, squatting, crouching, kneeling, climbing on step-stools, and reaching may be required. Office-based work requires sitting.
- Repetitive use of arms/hands/wrists, especially when working with a computer.
- This position is based indoors and you will be primarily working with others, however, will also work independently and alone at times.
- This position is a team-based position that may require weekends and holidays.