|Reference # : ||18-01017
||Title : ||IT - Project Manager ( Infrastructure )|
San Ramon, CA
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||01/08/2018 / 01/07/2019
| Description |
Artech is currently seeking to add to the below position
Job Title: IT - Project Manager ( Infrastructure )
Job ID: 9865
Location: 3401 Crow Canyon Road, San Ramon, CA- 94583
Duration: 12 Months contract + Possible extension
• The IT Project Manager leads a team that designs and installs new IT technical architecture and infrastructure systems, or enhancements to existing systems.
• Project Managers are responsible for assembling the project team and using the provided cost and scheduling tools to define the scope, budget, and resource needs, and controlling other project variables.
• PMs may also function as a liaison between IT and the Business Client, and act as the go-to person to represents the entire project from the planning through the deployment and release to operations stage.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Responsible for the concurrent management of one or more small to medium-sized projects.
• These projects are one-time, multitask jobs that have clearly defined start and end dates, a specific scope of work, a budget, required resources, and a specified performance objective to be achieved.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with moderate scope and complexity
• Responsible for leading one or more projects typically between $100,000 - $2,000,000
• Gathering, defining and documenting project requirements
• Clearly defining and communicating roles, responsibilities and expectations for all members of the project team
• Obtaining and defining staffing requirements and forming project teams
• Independently planning all associated work to meet project goals
• Providing direction and leadership to project management analysts and schedulers
• Conducting project kick-off meetings
• Communicating individual project roles and expectations
• Recording, tracking and communicating issues, risks, changes, and status reports within a PG&E standard tool
• Accurately and consistently forecasting project resource, material and contract costs within a standard PG&E tool(s)
• Driving all project related tasks to completion
• Developing and maintaining up-to-date detailed project schedules and work plans
• Monitoring critical project milestones, and identifying ways to resolve schedule issues
• Coordinating any required contract work within defined PG&E policy
• Conducting site visits and walk downs as needed
• Assessing project performance and implementing changes as necessary to ensure the projects remains within specified cost, schedule, scope and quality objectives
• Communicating status of all projects to stakeholders and management
• Developing and maintaining a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors and key clients
• Resolving problems of project specific scope within procedural guidelines
• Preparing all project documentation for closure, storage, and possible auditing activities, ensuring technical accuracy
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent experience
• 3+ years' experience managing one or more small to medium complexity IT product / infrastructure projects
Required technical experience (Minimum):
• Fully competent in understanding and applying project management principles and methodologies Previous experience managing projects that delivers Information Technology infrastructure including computing, telecommunications, networking, data center, security, voice, and data communications.
• Resource planning, scheduling and tracking skills
• Ability to function and manage in a matrixed environment
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and collaboration skills
• Cost management expertise
• Team player
• Organized and analytical.
• Experienced in problem-solving.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from PMI or equivalent certification from an accredited program (e.g. Stanford Advanced Project Management Certificate Program)
• Required functional experience
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel and Word Required education and certifications
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree required.
• Masters/ MBA is an additional advantage.
Additional requirements :
• Experience with Primavera, PPMC, SAP and Microsoft Visio a plus
Please apply on our company website (www.artechinfo.com) with reference to job ID, or contact me at Pradeep.V@artechinfo.com / 973.507.7539
Team Lead – Staffing
Artech Information Systems LLC
360 Mt. Kemble Avenue, Suite 2000 | Morristown, NJ 07960
Office: 973.507.7539 | Fax: 973.998.2599
Email: Pradeep.V@artechinfo.com | Website: www.artechinfo.com
About Artech Information Systems LLC
Artech is an employer-of-choice for the last 25 years to over 7,500 consultants across the globe. We recruit top-notch talent for over 70 Fortune and Government clients coast-to-coast across the U.S., India, and China. We are #1 Largest Woman-Owned IT Staffing Firm in the US and this may be your opportunity to join us! For more check: www.artechinfo.com
Connect with Artech through Social Media
Learn more about our company including the latest events at Artech, new job opportunities, jobseeker tips, and more. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube