|Reference # : ||18-00014
||Title : ||Administrative Services Assistant 3|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||02/12/2018
| Description |
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ASSISTANT 3
Additional Position Information:
This full-time contract Administrative Services Assistant 3 position provides a wide range of high level confidential administrative support for the Transmission Technology Application Services (TTS) department. This position is responsible for coordination of all administrative processes in support of the System Development and Support (TTSD), Energy Management Systems (TTSE) and the Software Infrastructure & Support Services (TTST) organizations. This position also provides administrative support for programs, projects, and overall office functions. This position is located in Vancouver Washington.
Contract personnel are not allowed to direct Federal employees, nor are they allowed to authorize expenditures or make decisions on behalf of BPA; these functions are specifically assigned to BPA employees. Contract personnel provide analysis, information and input to those functions. Additionally, contract personnel may only represent BPA (such as at seminars, industry events, etc.) with written authorization from a BPA Vice President.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: This position requires confidentiality, professionalism and requires passing a higher level background investigation, for which the selected candidate must qualify to hold or continue to hold the position.
This position is NOT open to Foreign National Candidates
Position Responsibilities include:
Note: all drafts, documents, materials and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate BPA manager / or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Provide a wide variety of confidential administrative/clerical tasks for the managers and staff for the assigned organization, managers and support staff.
- Greet and screen visitors; address questions and business involving established policy, take messages, set appointments and/or refer visitors to other BPA personnel as appropriate.
- Create draft, edit, and proof documents, correspondence, research, and presentations using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Build, maintain and post Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations to SharePoint sites.
- Proof, review, and when applicable, draft, correspondence and documents prepared for manager signature and validate conformance of the established administrative policies and regulations, confirm proper coordination and timely compliance with assigned action.
- Provide recommendations and instructions to staff to maintain conformance with genera administrative policies and correspondence procedures.
- Attend meetings, record meeting minutes as requested, transcribe and disseminate as needed.
- Maintain a tracking system of action items to verify timely compliance with scheduled responses or actions. Coordinate and monitor work unit responses to time-critical documents; alert BPA manager / personnel of any concerns or response delays.
- Answer and screen telephone calls; respond to most questions and complete most business involving established policy or routine matters; forward questions and matters to appropriate BPA personnel as needed, following up to verify a timely response.
- Respond to questions and complete business according to established policy and/or forward matters requiring action to appropriate staff, following up to verify a timely response.
- Process and screen incoming and outgoing correspondence to include proof reading, to consist of the following:
- Review incoming correspondence and forward matters requiring action to appropriate staff. Verify proper coordination and timely completion of assignments.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail to appropriate recipient(s); as requested, review incoming correspondence.
- Process outgoing mail and prepare materials for mailing, including providing self-addressed stamped envelopes, when appropriate.
- Establish and maintain internal and external communication channels to verify smooth flow of information and positive working relationships.
- Perform faxing, scanning, photocopying, and work with the BPA print shop to request printing services.
- Update and maintain desk reference manual.
- Serve as back-up to Tier II and Tier IV level Administrative Assistants as needed.
- Come up to speed quickly on manager and organizational priorities in order to track meetings, work, and delegated projects or tasks to maintain accountability, confirming established targets are met. Validate on-time documentation submission to Human Capital Management (HCM) and verify all processes are tracked to completion within established timelines. Review and update project trackers (performance, training, etc.) for the BPA manager, alerting appropriate parties of any noted issues / concerns.
- Serve as liaison between organizations, work units, and management support staff. Keep up to date on issues, priorities, and sensitivities affecting work of the organization through consistent communication with the manager, frequent interaction with other managers, and outside contacts.
- Coordinate with and provide administrative guidance to lower-level contract support personnel; may delegate assignments to lower level contract administrative personnel at the request of the BPA manager.
- Administrative Team:
- Organize and coordinate Organizational Administrative Team Meetings.
- Attend mandatory Administrative Team Meetings.
- Participate as a team member and in team meetings both professionally and collaboratively.
- Work as a team member to:
- Standardize, streamline and improve overall Administrative processes throughout the organization.
- Help resolve organizational administrative issues and work on solutions as a group.
- Complete team work assignments
- Proactively coordinate managers' daily Outlook calendars and schedules with full responsibility for scheduling and prioritizing Tier III and IV managers' appointments, meetings, conferences and calendar:
- Coordinate appointments, including commitments of time. Advise manager of appointments and other commitments that might have a bearing on future decisions. Demonstrate sound judgment and a solid understanding of issues when advising the manager of upcoming events.
- Organize, plan, prioritize, coordinate, schedule and verify appointments, meetings (in-person, phone conferences, web-based), conferences, and training for BPA managers and other staff (securing rooms, phone bridges, projection, and other meeting supplies). This may include drafting agenda and other meeting materials and developing background information for review, consideration and finalization by appropriate BPA manager / personnel.
- Accept meeting invitations, assist with outside visitor requests and schedule interviews.
- Schedule and arrange meetings, conferences and training, including associated logistics and any necessary equipment (securing rooms, phone bridges, projection equipment, etc.).
- Assist, compile, organize and verify appropriate files, notes and other materials are in order and ready for use at meetings, appointments, etc.
- Draft agendas, coordinate speaking points, make arrangements for guest(s) / guest speakers and research and draft background information / materials as requested.
- Arrange for representation by others if BPA manager's time and priorities make necessary.
- As requested, attend and take meeting minutes / notes, transcribe / draft and distribute as appropriate.
- Inform manager and staff of appointments and other commitments that might have a bearing on future decisions.
- Assist BPA manager in a variety of personnel and other actions for BFTE and CFTE, including:
- Prepare and enter requests for personnel actions into HRMIS.
- Prepare federal worker (BFTE) award requests in HRMIS for manager review/approval, track awards for BFTE, and prepare recognition certificates for the organization.
- Prepare retirement documentation.
- May be designated as a power-user and/or back-up for the DOE e-Performance management system. Coordinate and assist BPA manager with development of annual performance appraisal plans for federal personnel by assisting in implementing, completing, and facilitating documentation management.
- Schedule and track to completion all performance appraisals, progress reviews, mid-point reviews and discussions, while performing associated follow-up to obtain requisite signatures and approvals. Validate documentation submission to Human Capital Management (HCM) is accurately completed within established timelines.
- Coordinate and track reporting requirements and activities related to federal staff including creation/submission of travel documents and telework agreements and required training.
- Register manager and staff for internal/external training classes and conferences.
- Assist BPA manager with employee engagement activities and planning.
- Verify completion of all required training for employees and managers by communicating what training is due, how to obtain training, submitting external training requests, and tracking training completion status.
- Maintain Employee Tracking Log, BFTE tracking, on-board reports, training, medical surveillance, emergency contact, and reimbursement tracking information.
- Update and maintain Gallup survey records; follow up with organizations to update the Gallup information.
- Assist BPA manager by recommending and implementing approved staff recognition opportunities.
- Track, maintain, update, and distribute annual renewal of Motor Vehicle Driver Authorizations, Travel Authorizations, and Telework Agreements for federal (BFTE).
- Track and maintain Overtime/Comp Time authorizations for BFTE personnel.
- Complete appropriate new employee on-boarding activities and retirement documentation.
- Prepare CFTE employee assignment extension documents; implement, oversee and complete related documentation, and submit for proper review and approval, while performing associated follow-up to obtain required signatures and approval.
- Arrange travel (domestic, invitational and foreign), such as airline arrangements, hotel accommodations, and rental car and shuttle reservations, for BPA Manager, Lead and staff as needed, which may include:
- Assist in preparing and submitting passport documentation as necessary.
- Assist management and staff in setting up profiles in the BPA travel system (currently Concur).
- Prepare / draft necessary foreign and domestic forms associated with travel.
- Prepare and process travel authorizations and vouchers for group managers and staff using Concur.
- Validate that travel is complete and process travel documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with federal and BPA travel procedures and policies.
- Track, monitor and notify BPA manager and subject personnel of needed approvals, signatures or other actions to enable timely reimbursement processing and reporting.
- Coordinate with managers and staff to coordinate Time & Attendance per established procedures, which may include:
- Prepare and review federal personnel time and attendance reporting to verify accuracy for certification by manager(s) and supervisor(s) using the Bonneville Business Enterprise System (BES), HRMIS and Fieldglass.
- May serve as timekeeping power user (able to input time for others as requested).
- Maintain and reconcile employee leave calendar submissions with payroll.
- Check leave slips to verify accuracy using organizational leave calendars and other documentation. Verify that time has been approved.
- Using Fieldglass, review time sheets for contract personnel to verify that reporting is accurate.
- Verify time and attendance procedures, policies and practices, including any special time recording requirements (admin leave, holidays, etc.) are communicated to management and staff in a timely manner.
- Assist with scheduling interviews through Fieldglass; preparing interview packets for assigned manager(s).
- Provide overall administrative support to staff members by acting as the liaison with HCM, IT, SLMO, Workflow Connection, Security, Safety, Motor Pool, Facilities / Space Management and administrative services groups to process, coordinate, request and track:
- Office moves and workstation adjustments using Workflow Connection.
- Onboarding activities for new contract and/or federal personnel.
- Computer, software upgrades IT equipment and other resource requests.
- Computer, copier, and printer maintenance.
- Requests for needed office supplies and distribute to appropriate staff per established BPA procedures.
- Coordination of badge return to SLMO.
- Coordination of cell phone requirements and inventory for staff, including ordering, receiving, service setup, delivery, collection.
- Serve as organization's central point of contact for accident reporting, including collection, correction, and distribution of required documentation, and communication with employees, managers, safety office, HCM, and other resources regarding policy, regulations, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining office supply stock. Act as a point of contact for troubleshooting, configuration, inventory, and maintenance of office systems and processes.
- Coordinate maintenance for Government Vehicles (GOV) assigned to the organization; drive GOVs to and from service appointments and report mileage monthly.
- Maintain the organizational SharePoint site including updating changes and adding new content.
- Establish, maintain, and administer SharePoint organization, team and other meeting/project sites including setting up document repositories, calendars, workspaces, and tracking lists. Manage content and permissions.
- Maintain a tracking system of suspense items to verify timely compliance with scheduled responses or actions utilizing SharePoint. Coordinate and direct work unit responses for time-critical documents.
- Provide records management within SharePoint, including physical and electronic official files, retention and conformance.
- Manage all records in accordance with the Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) policy and procedure and compliance requirements:
- File and disperse documents/letters to appropriate personnel.
- Validate that official records are accurately maintained for auditing purposes.
- With oversight and approval of the BPA manager / federal personnel, provide an annual review and inventory of official files and maintain the organizational file outline.
- Review and process Transmittals for Administrator/CEO Approval (TACs) for assigned organizations and ascertain conformance to administrative policies, procedures and regulations. Verify proper coordination and timely compliance with assigned action. Advise and provide guidance to confirm conformance with general policies and correspondence procedures.
Organizational Specific Responsibilities:
- May coordinate or assist with organizational and BPA events such as: presentations, retirements, project or employee recognition celebrations, and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) events.*
- Supports the Contract Officer Technical Representative (COTR) for TTS by performing the following duties for all TTS-maintained contracts, utilizing Asset Suite:
*Participation/attendance in voluntary events is NOT billable to BPA. Time spent planning and organizing these events is considered part of the duties of the position and may be performed on billable time.
- Coordinates invoice processing for TTS including receipt and logging of invoices, circulating and tracking status of review by subject matter experts (SME) and the COTR, completes initial payment authorization in BES, and forwards appropriate information to accounts payable once approved by COTR.
- Maintains and manages contract invoice documentation files for each contract and the TTS contract tracking summary document.
- Facilitates communication and coordination between the Vendor, Contract Officer (CO), COTR and TTS SME for the creation of new contracts and the modification of existing contracts. Enters information in BES to create Contract Requests (CR) and Contract Change Requests (CCR), for approval by the COTR.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate's Degree in Secretarial Science, Administrative Management or a related field is preferred.
- This is a level 3 position: 6+ years of demonstrated administrative/clerical experience is required.
- 4 or more years of relevant work experience in administrative support functions with Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook is required. (Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2010 is required).
- Intermediate to advanced skills/experience with SharePoint are required, sufficient to:
- Support, manage, edit, and maintain site.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both oral and written) with the ability to interface effectively with Executive Managers, customers and various staff in a positive, courteous and cooperative manner.
- Knowledge of office procedures governing correspondence control and preparation, communication channels, records management, etc.
- Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined,
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communications and project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Must be able to multi-task, be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and be flexible.
- Must be able to meet timelines, milestones, deliverables, and provide timely status updates as may be required.
- Experience working as part of a team effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Will be expected to work collaboratively and in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment, confidentiality, and a solid understanding of issues when advising the manager of upcoming events.
- Ensure proper identification as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
BPA Provided Training: (Note: Selected candidates will be expected to complete BPA Provided Training as listed below, and be proficient in associated system(s) use as a core component of this position).
- Must be able to pass a Personnel background check pursuant for Public Trust (SF-85P), for which the selected candidate must qualify to hold or continue to hold the position.
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a BPA Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the completion of a Supplemental Labor Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding.
- RSA token shall only be utilized when conducting work directly related to the API. Any other work is unauthorized. Contract worker is responsible for the safe-keeping of the BPA issued RSA token at all times. If the RSA token is lost or compromised, immediately contact the COTR. All information associated with work performed offsite must be maintained in the BPA network environment. No BPA information will be allowed to be transmitted, stored and created, etc., on the contract worker's personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all BPA and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the BPA service area unless approved by the Supplemental Labor Management Office (SLMO). Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and SLMO before the change occurs.
- Up to 5% local travel may be required.
- Valid U.S. Drivers License is required.
- BPA has implemented a Department of Energy (DOE) performance management system for Federal employees. This position may be designated by the BPA manager as a proxy to access this system in order to assist the manager in completing documentation for BPA employee performance reviews. Granting contract personnel access to this system will require encrypted transmission of a limited amount of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), specifically, Social Security Number and Date Of Birth, to DOE system administrators. The selected candidate's acceptance of this contract position will also comprise permission for BPA to encrypt and transmit the limited PII data to DOE HQ in Washington DC, in order to create the system logon ID for the selected individual.
*Note: Attendance at all conferences, workshops, training, etc. must be pre-approved by SLMO. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis; approval is subject to the most current guidance provided to SLMO by BPA or DOE and is subject to change. SLMO reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and be submitted via an expense sheet in Fieldglass
- Concur ? BPA travel scheduling and reimbursement program
- Supply Ordering
- Government Correspondence Training
- E-Performance ? input and tracking of organizational performance plans
- BES/HRMIS ? BPA Time and Attendance
- ERMS ? BPA Records Management system
- Sunflower Admin