|Reference # : ||17-93200
||Title : ||Linux admin / build and release|
Los Angeles, CA
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||12/18/2017
| Description |
Job title: Linux admin / build and release
location: Los Angeles CA
Duration: Long term
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
||% time spent
|Release Management – provides and executes the deployment of database systems- DBMS instance deployment, multi data center clustering, databases deployment, schema and objects, jobs and scheduled tasks, data redundancy solutions, complex system upgrades, and migrations for supported partners and teams
|Problem Resolution/Support - executes second tier level maintenance work and tasks including problem determination and resolution for complex issues; system upgrades, rollouts, infrastructure deployment and upgrades, as well as root-cause analysis.
|Documentation - provides and maintains documentation of systems and solutions, system metrics, project information and plans.
May mentors new or less experienced staff on an as-needed basis.
|Architecture and Design – participates in database design initiatives in conjunction with supported business unit development teams and central hosting services. Works with staff to help develop and implement technical plans, processes, and automation for DB system integration into the DCAT data center environments.
- Strong experience with Linux (CentOS/RHEL)
- Solid bash/shell scripting experience (Python and Ruby a plus)
- Multiple years of experience with PostgreSQL (familiarity with 9.4 and above required)
- Experience with using JSON/JSONB data types and GiN indexes, preferred
- Knowledge of different replication and clustering strategies (streaming replication, slony, etc.) and experience setting up replication between 2 or more hosts (experience with setting up async master-master would be ideal)
- Experience setting up highly-available solutions for load balancing, connection pooling, and query partitioning (pgPool, pgBouncer, replmgr [Replication Manager], etc.)
- Performance tuning skills; understanding of SQL Execution Plans
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues
- Experience with automating tasks, deployments, and patching
- Experience with monitoring database/system performance
- Strategies for performant and non-impactful backup/restore of high-volume live site DB's
- SQL development experience for stored procedures/functions/extensions
- Degree in computer science/information systems, engineering or related field preferred; or a corresponding number of years experience in technical operations or software engineering.
- 4 or more years of experience with relational database management systems with a focus on PostgreSQL
- 2-4 years' experience with configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and security procedures; experience with Linux
- 2 or more years of IT operational experience supporting media, e-commerce, gaming or online businesses in a 24X7 production environment
- Expertise in relational database administration including configuration, implementation, data modeling, maintenance, redundancy/HA, security, troubleshooting/performance tuning, upgrades, database, data and server migrations, SQL.
- Expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability redundancy strategies on systems including replication, clustering, log shipping, mirroring.
- Expertise in relational database design and architectural principles and methodologies
- Expertise with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting systems issues and effectively diagnosing problems
- Excellent knowledge of hardware, storage, RAID, and disk subsystems technologies as they pertain to DBMS systems, familiarity with SAN technologies desired
- Excellent systems documentation and diagraming skills
- Experience with project management methologies and handling complex projects.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
· Leads and completes tasks independently, with attention to detail and while under pressure
- Knowledge of understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (DNS, FTP, SSH), general networking technologies, network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting
· Identifies, analyzes, and drives problems to resolution, handling complex issues simultaneously while effectively communicating across teams
· Effectively communicates technical actions and expectations to the appropriate audience
· Delivers customer service excellence by identifying appropriate technical solutions, and meeting/exceeding service expectations
· Knowledge in 1 or more relavent areas including but not limited to: Cloud Computing, Internet Security, Hardware systems, Networking systems, Storage technolgies, Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence, Data Center Facilities, Ecommerce platforms are desired
- Excellent judgment, problem resolution, negotiation, and decision-making skills as well as the ability to work under continual deadline pressure.