|Reference # : ||17-04539
||Title : ||Media Support Specialist|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||1 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||08/14/2017 / 12/29/2017
| Description |
|Skills: No record(s) found.|
Education: No record(s) found.
Description and Requirements: Job Type: Contract (20+ Hours)Number of Positions:1
System Location:S0F1 - NBC Facilities, Inc. - BN&OCreated Date:8/7/2017
Job Title: Media Support Specialist
This is a role that combines broadcast engineering, information technology, and digital media. An ideal candidate will have a background in Computer Science, Information Systems, or New Media. This person will like to operate in a fast paced environment, enjoy interacting with customers, and willing to tackle unique challenges head-on.
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in either a broadcast operations or post-production environment
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in a support oriented position
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer facing role
• A minimum of 1 year of experience of all Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook, Word, Excel) Desired Characteristics
• An individual with a very strong desire to learn, take on new technologies and challenges
• Know your way around desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity
• Resolve problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
• Familiarity with digital media file types - Quicktime, MXF, MPEG, Mp4 etc.
• Familiarity with digital media workflows and digital file delivery
• Experience working with live video and media files including streaming and transcoding technologies
• Knowledge of digital delivery methods, ftp, UDCP, Signiant and Aspera
• Experience supporting customer workflows through operations team and/or help desk
• Able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a high-pressure deadline driven environment
• Strong communication skills and ability to interface with multiple departments, clients, and vendors
This Media Support Specialist position is responsible for providing operational and technical support for the Global Media Operations team. The main objective is to assist all operations members with technical support related issues in a 24/7 environment. Media Operations ingests, preps, QC's and delivers content internationally and relies on Media Support Specialist's to solve issues electronically, on the phone and in person. Other responsibilities include providing operations and customer support for the portfolio of applications and products used for file-based digital workflows including video editing, transcoding, digital file delivery, and live streaming.
***This is a 4x10 schedule, most likely in the afternoons. Some weekend days will be required.
No record(s) found.