|Reference # : ||18-03034
||Title : ||Bench Scientist I|
La Jolla, CA
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||12/10/2018 / 06/09/2020
| Description |
|The candidate will support general laboratory functions in the compound management group that facilitates the preparation and distribution of research drugs from synthesis to the scientists. Responsibilities are general bench work activities such as solubilizing compounds to specified concentrations and volumes, managing orders for compound supply, and using automated equipment to transfer and distribute compounds. Several software applications control the compound workflow, inventory and lifecycle tracking. The role will also require maintaining inventory of lab supplies, and preparing containers for off-site shipping. Must be able to stand & walk around for several hours.|
Years of Experience 0-3.
• Responsibilities include recording in-coming compound inventory with barcode entry into the Titain software system. cMosaic software informs what to do with the compound, such as solubilization.
• Compounds are solubilized with 100% DMSO to specified concentrations and volumes using a Tecan liquid handling instrument controlled by cMosaic software.
• Compounds are transferred to storage for future use in a Hamilton Tekcel, or processed further with the Tecan or Bravo liquid handlers.
• Compound order inventory is managed with CART software & translated to cMosaic to process orders.
• The orders are processed for the scientists as per specification into assay plates (96-well, 384-well) and an email notification is sent to the scientist.
• Assay plates receive a barcode label and sealed for delivery.
• Some compounds are packaged for off-site delivery in dry-ice shipping containers with appropriate paperwork.
• Other responsibilities are to maintain inventory of lab supplies with electronic orders placed through Ariba.
• Rinsing empty, glass 4L containers of DMSO will also be required to support proper disposal as recyclable waste.
• The (Compound) Sample Logistics is a small team team that is part of the Biochemistry group and Tumor Cell Biology department in the Oncology Research Division of Pharmaceutical located in La Jolla. The candidate will interact with scientists within the department and chemists on site in addition to handling compound shipments coming in, or going out to external vendors.
• Contractors are eligible to participate in many company-wide social functions and network opportunities.
Experience in high throughput screening (HTS) is beneficial, but not required
Minimum Education Experience:
• A bachelor of science, and/or prior work in a laboratory setting is required.
• Knowledge of the drug discovery process and chemical synthesis of compounds is desired, but not mandatory.