|Reference # : ||18-03024
||Title : ||Accounts Receivable Professional II|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||12/06/2018 / 10/31/2019
| Description |
|Location: Bridgewater, NJ|
Duration: 10 months
This position provides cash application support for a specific portfolio of US trade, export and contract manufacturing customers in accordance with department guidelines and Sanofi goals and values. Functions include: cash application of all incoming payments (ACH, EFT, check, wire, credit card), deduction identification, daily cash balancing, weekly statistics. The incumbent works in collaboration with the following areas:
Internal - credit, treasury, accounting, contract manufacturing, customer support, contracts and chargebacks.
External - customer contacts at the professional, supervisory and manager level in accounts payable, vendor relations and finance. Bank contacts at the professional and relationship manager level.
1. Responsible for reconciling cash application through the SAP Auto cash posting system. This will include the verification of lockbox receipts from our collection banks and the timely and accurate posting of all trade cash receipts to the customer's accounts receivable open items.
2. Manual cash application of all unmatched lockbox receipts. Evaluate unmatched payments to determine if variances should be billed back to customers, routed internally for resolution or written off to specific general ledger accounts according to policy.
3. Analyze all deductions made by a customer and prepare a coded bill back to the customer's account identifying the nature of the deduction, i.e. price dispute, quantity dispute, etc.
4. Contact customers for explanation and documentation of unidentified deductions to correctly post bill back to the customer's account.
5. Process customer credit card payments, including obtaining token ID's, authorization, correct identification of balances to be paid, transaction confirmation and payment reconciliation.
6. Complete daily balancing of incoming cash received versus cash posted to customer accounts to ensure all cash is appropriately applied.
7. Complete daily tracking of number and dollar value of incoming payments by type (ACH, EFT, check, wire, credit card).
8. Participate in multi-functional customer account teams. Provide data on customer's payment activity. Take responsibility for accounts receivable related action items.
Functional expertise in accounts receivable, issue research/resolution and prevention.
Functional expertise in accounts receivable processes including cash application and credit card processing.
Proactively identifies issues or concerns and recommends effective solutions and process efficiencies.
Prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet individual and department goals within scope of department guidelines.
Ability to communicate effectively and work as a team member.
High degree of independent problem solving and decision making skills.
Proficient in SAP and Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Associate's degree from a two-year college or technical school
Area of specialization: Accounting, Business Preferred
Minimum of 2 years related experience