|Reference # : ||18-09353
||Title : ||Systems Engineer|
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||11/08/2018
| Description |
Job Opening for our direct Client. Kindly confirm your interest by sending your updated resume with hourly rate expectations & a convenient time to discuss.
Title: Sr. Systems Engineer -17643
Location :South San Francisco, CA 94080
Duration :12 Months
SAP SuccessFactors is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer, for that unique professional who thrives on solving problems and is excited about taking on new challenges, working with new clients, and keeping up with new technology. This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective time management, and unbeatable customer service with exceptional communication skills.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Create and manage projects and coordinate project teams.
- Provide level 3 Linux and Windows systems/storage/network support.
- Work with our remote monitoring and management (RMM) system to identify, prioritize, resolve problems, and enhance our service offering to clients.
- Respond to escalated support requests and provide expert advice and troubleshooting.
- Document and communicate incidents, outages, ticket status, problem resolutions (internally and externally), and escalate tickets appropriately.
- Identify critical issues, prioritize, and respond to tickets to ensure SLA's are met.
- Create high quality technical documents quickly and accurately.
- Provide after-hours and weekend support on a rotational basis and as needed.
- Incident & problem management experience and the ability to coordinate required resources to respond to complex IT issues.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to apply those skills to assist troubleshooting of a wide range of information systems and applications
- Strong engineering and administration experience with Cisco networking, Linux and Windows Operating Systems, and VMware.
- Strong experience with storage SAN/NAS management specifically in NetApp and EMC ExtremIO
- Strong Experience in Suse/Solaris/Red Hat/Ubuntu/Cent OS/Windows 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Strong Experience in Unix Administration and Cluster Technologies
- Strong hands-on experience with scripting and configuration management tool
- Strong Familiar with Security and Compliance standards
- Strong Knowledge in TCP/IP and other Network fundamentals
- Strong in System performance tuning
- Strong experience with Cryptography and Kerberos
- Strong experience with Unix/Windows interoperability, AD integration, and CIFS/Samba file sharing
- Strong Experience in High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Strong hands on with Unix Networking Services (NIS,DNS,NFS,FTP,SMTP)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience on Network monitoring tools like Solarwinds NPM, Client Openview, Wireshark, CA Specture, Splunk
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of technology and is able to present and advise the business implications of a particular solution or a change in technological direction. Is able to routinely apply business insights to guide and influence the design of technically robust solutions.
- Proficient in using MS Office, MS Project, and MS Visio.
Education & Qualification / Skill &Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree in IT / Technology
- ITIL Foundation v3 and/or additional Intermediate ITIL related certifications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills also in English
- Proactive attitude
- Team player
- Must be fluent in English
Thanks and Regards
- 10 years of hands on experience within a technical environment providing sytem, storage and network infrastructure engineering to enterprise organizations.
- 7+ years technical experience in related field
300 N Coit Road Suite # 340 Richardson, TX 75080
Tel:469-329-1500 Ext: 404