Title:- Technical Writer - Instructional Designer/Developer
Location:- Las Vegas, NV, 89109
Duration:- 3 Months Contract, Possible Extensions
Essential Job Functions
• Manage technical issues including development/enhancement of multiple concurrent modifications to a single set of programs. Certify projects meet standards for design, programming, technical documentation, and change management requirements
• Participate in key project deliverables; provide proactive consulting to all development and support teams.
• Proactively drive the mentoring process of all junior and future technical track IT staff. Coordinate with other architects to synchronize common goals and activities within IT and with business partners.
• Provide functional leadership within the I.T. Team to ensure that complex implementations and integrations of databases, systems, operating systems, networks, and vendor software are successful and tested end-to-end. Provide leadership support for problem resolution.
• Understand key cost elements related to the delivery of projects, products, or systems. Seek methods to optimize performance, reduce costs and improve service levels. Formulate systems scope and objectives; provide high level estimates on complex systems and present to management.
• Stay abreast of new technology developments. Maintain expert knowledge on in-house systems, appropriate vendor systems, product performance, viability and pricing. Seen as an expert both internally and externally. Analyze and evaluate complex application designs for compatibility with existing systems, and compliance to Caesars and known industry standards, and consistency with Caesars long-term business needs, strategies and policies.
• Researches technical/functional solutions and products as part of designing systems and identifying solutions to technical/functional issues.
• Has an in-depth knowledge of the business value of technology and can communicate it both within and outside IT.
• Has an in-depth knowledge of applications at the enterprise level and how they play into all the business process flows. Also must demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of all other interfaces within a given application. • Directly responsible for preparing high-level design, development, and technical deployment strategy documentation
Knowledge And Experience.
• Stay current with future design, development, and functional trends by attending relevant educational courses, seminars, and conferences. Maintain in-depth knowledge on appropriate business functionality and software design/development methodologies. Share knowledge with management, peers and co-workers to maintain Caesars leadership position in the IT community
• Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, consulting skills and the ability to make recommendations, provide assistance or help with planning from a basis of personal expertise where no formal or direct reporting relationship exists. Speaks effectively and clearly with the ability to influence others in both positive and negative circumstances and produce the best outcome.
• Knowledge of GoLang, Web APIs, graphql, server backends and SQL Preferred. Additionally, the candidate needs to have a good understanding of languages/technologies like Scala, Python, Ruby, node, angularJS, NOSQL databases etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Extensive training in technical disciplines, systems programming, systems analysis, computer technology, telecommunications theory and technology, and electronic hardware and software required.
- Minimum 1 year experience, with a proven track record structured programming, database design, systems analysis and design, change management, and user management, in an environment of multiple, complex, inter-related systems.