|Reference # : ||18-03502
||Title : ||Simulation Engineer General|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||04/12/2018
| Description |
This is Allen
from CompNova , LLC
We have an immediate Job Opportunity for our Direct Client.
Kindly have a look at the below Job Description and do reply back on the same at your earliest with a copy of your updated resume in word Doc.
Position Title: Simulation Engineer General, 259094.
Duration: 7 Months
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS ONLY ON W2 CONTRACT NOT ON C2C (Onsite Job)
Transportation Modelling Software Developer Job Description The candidate will play a pivotal role in developing and expanding Ford's cutting-edge mobility research, including the transportation operating system (tOS) and its constituent data sets, visualizations, and transportation models/simulations. Note that this position is intended for candidates with general and wide-ranging coding and development experience and with a strong interest in new mobility solutions.
Major responsibilities of this position include:
- Work with a wide variety of different transportation and mobility models and simulations. Examples of relevant software include: PTV Vissim/Visum, Aimsun, TransModeler, CUBE, TransCAD, MATSIM, SUMO, and Ford-developed simulations, optimization models, and data architectures.
- Develop, design, and implement modelling software as appropriate, including working with APIs and otherwise extending coding.
- Work closely with other modelling groups at Ford, including GDIA and FSM, as well as relevant partners and suppliers.
- Gain experience with and use various modelling approach to help code and develop innovative transportation concepts and solutions, including but limited not to:
- Shared Mobility Services
- Multimodality and Mode Choice
- Transportation Network Resilience
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs)
- Transportation Planning for Rapid Urbanization
Proven and demonstrable experience in one or more of the following:
- Expertise in one or more coding languages, such as Python or C++
- Experience working with large and heterogeneous data sets
- Experience working APIs and/or with open-source software and models
- Strong interest in transportation issues, especially new and innovative concepts as listed in the job description
2+ years experience as a developer or modeler (course work acceptable)
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Urban Planning, Industrial & Operations Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Complex Systems, Data Science, or equivalent fields
PhD. in Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Urban Planning, Industrial & Operations Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Complex Systems, Data Science, or equivalent fields
If interested in applying for the position please send us a latest copy of your resume in Word Doc along with the below details ASAP, we would get back to you immediately
- Transportation Modelling (Microscopic and/or Macroscopic)
- Agent-Based Modelling
- Multi-Objective Optimization
- City and Transportation Planning
- Fluid Dynamics
- Network Theory
- GIS • Experience working on large-scale, complex, interdisciplinary projects
Time for Interview:
Total Years of Experience:
Thanks & Regards
300 N Coit Road Suite
# 340 Richardson, TX - 75080