|Reference # : ||18-00002
||Title : ||Business Intelligence Report Analyst|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||5 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||03/01/2018 / 12/31/2018
| Description |
**This is a Right to Hire Contractor Job.
Operating within the IT organization, the Senior Business Intelligence Report Analyst will be a hands-on contributor as well as a collaborator with other resources. Responsible for Developing highly complex and customized reports, multi-dimensional cubes and presentations based on data extracted from the client reporting data marts and databases. Maintain all aspects of the client Reporting (Cognos) application, the client's web-based reporting and knowledge management facility. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision is a must.
Qualifications and Education/Experience Requirements
- Analyze reporting specifications and develop/deliver reporting solutions on time and with minimal defects, working independently and with minimal supervision - 80%.
- Provide mid-month and special ad-hoc reports, as requested within 2 day turnaround time - 5%.
- Prepare documentation for report specifications or Quality Assurance testing - 5%.
- Provide training to other unit employees on advanced and complex reporting concepts, as needed - 2.5%.
- Develop complex and customized reports, both on a proactive basis to address client needs, as well as, in response to user requests - 5%.
- Assist project development team, as requested, with business analysis and troubleshooting tasks - 2.5%.
- 10-15 years overall experience in an IT environment preferred; 5-7 years as a BI/Senior BI Report Analyst (Required).
- Strong knowledge of or ability to quickly learn the client's specific workflow of technical processing areas.
- Thorough knowledge of available information and structure of all application and reporting databases.
- Thorough knowledge of Cognos Business Intelligence Software a MUST!
- Strong computer skills for using a wide range of software, including IBM Cognos ReportStudio, IBM Cognos QueryStudio, IBM Cognos Analytics Version 11.x.x., IBM Cognos PowerPlay/Transformer, IBM Cognos Active Reports, IBM Cognos 11 Dashboarding, SQL, SQL Developer and MS Office.
- MUST be organized and have a strong ability to focus on and pay strict attention to detail.
- Strong analytic skills for constant review of complex spreadsheets and reports.
- Thorough knowledge of Insurance/Reinsurance concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Solid ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Strong verbal and writing skills for internal communications.
- High degree of initiative to take lead role within team and to manage projects to completion.
- Ability to find creative solutions to new problems as they arise.
- Strong ability to work cooperatively with others.
Local candidate ? NJ/NY Metro Area.
- Ability to manage team in manager's absence and provide manager feedback.