|Reference # : ||17-00063
||Title : ||GIS Developer|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||11/07/2017 / 06/30/2018
| Description |
**This is a Direct Perm/Salary job (Onsite) in Hoboken, NJ. Sponsorship Not available, at this time. NO Third Parties.
* * * * * Special Preference: Consultant with the "Right-to-Hire? * * * * *
Operating within the IT Development organization, the GIS Developer will be responsible for programming, spatial analysis, database management, analyzing, creating and maintaining maps, data and reports.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Will streamline and automate new and existing ESRI workflows using Python scripts.
- Will provide technical support on project and production GIS programs.
- Develop or maintain web mapping applications and geo-processing tools that support applications.
- Will write code and automate redundant GIS processes, create maps and geocode addresses.
- Perform spatial analysis including buffering, clipping and integration of relationships between mapping features.
- Store and extract data from structured geo-data sets.
- Resolve issues related to maps, processes, spatial data, etc.
- 8-12 years' experience working in an IT environment;
- 5-8 years' experience working with various GIS software packages;
- Strong knowledge of ESRI technologies, ESRI Data Models, ArcGIS Desktop/Map Design, ArcGIS Server, Server Object Extensions;
- Strong knowledge of Modeling, Data Integration and Conversion, Geocoding and Geomatics;
- Knowledge of Database development, data management services, GIS Mapping and Web Mapping.
- Adept at problem solving and translating business/organization needs into application code and development.
- Demonstrated understanding of system behaviors and functionality.
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and Agile methodology
- Knowledge of AngularJS, and MEAN is a plus.
Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
Professionally assertive and collegial
Ability to multitask
Excellent problem solving skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Local candidate ? NY Metro Area
Stable career history