• Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science or other relevant STEM degree with applicable experience in Test Lab.
• Minimum 2 years' experience working in a chemical, mechanical, or metallurgical test lab.
• Knowledge of mechanical test equipment such as load frames.
• Knowledge of metallurgical tests including sample preparation for microstructural analyses or hardness testing
• Experience with procurement of lab supplies and equipment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintenance of lab and machine shop equipment and tools
• Manage calibration of lab and machine shop tools and equipment
• Perform procurement of supplies services for the test lab
• Ensure Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) compliance
• Preparation of test samples by sectioning, mounting, grinding, polishing of specimens when necessary
• Update system and stakeholders on backlog and progress
• Set up, operate and clean laboratory equipment
• Assist Operations and Engineering on various non-standard test/inspections as required
• Test preparations for bonded assemblies
• Assist in performing chemical lab testing: chemical composition, viscosity, water content, etc.
No direct responsibilities
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Duties require judgment to work independently toward general results. Must be able to effectively communicate and work with a variety of departments and personnel that are supported.