|Reference # : ||21-00314
||Title : ||Community Engagement / Program Initiatives Specialist|
Newport News, VA
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||04/16/2021
| Description |
First Professional Services is currently seeking a Community Engagement / Program Initiatives Specialist, for a temporary contract assignment, with a non-profit organization in Newport News.
Schedule will be 8am to 5pm, M-F, starting April 20th through June 4th, 2021.
Salary is $15 - $16 per hour, based upon experience and qualifications.
- Assist with the development of project proposals, reports, service agreements, RFP's, grant applications, timelines, budgets, and other documents and presentations.
- Actively engage with coalitions and strategic partners.
- Develop and execute communications plans to include earned media, message development, PSAs, social media, paid ads, oversight of video production, etc.
- Assist with creating media materials, ads, event scripts and social media
- Build relationships with leaders in government, business, higher education, and other related industry groups and associations.
- Prepare and present business projects
First Professional Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, First Professional Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs and benefits.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications preferred
- Experience in preparing, presenting business projects.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Expertise in MS Office-Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Adept at networking, building relationships, and community engagement.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Virginia driver's license.
- Willing to consent to the performance of a drug screen, criminal background check, driving record and credit report.