Managing Consultant Migration Services
Managing Consultant Migration Services (m/f/d)
Reports to: Vice President of Migration Services
The Managing Consultant is experienced in leadership, accountable for overall project implementation, and will work with clients in the life sciences industry.
We are seeking motivated individuals with proven analytic abilities, a rigorous background, presentation skills, management experience and a team-oriented attitude are essential.
Candidate should have full-time work experience in consulting and/or the biopharmaceutical industry.
A successful experienced candidate has the ability to work effectively with R&D and Q&M business areas to develop requirements to map possible migration solutions, particularly in various Content Management areas.
They will work with the migration team and the customer to understand their business needs and provide guidance pertaining to those needs into migration requirements by working with our internal team and the offshore development teams.
The ideal candidate will be able to converse knowledgeably about our migration methodology, and align them to our best practices as contribution to migration discussions.
This role requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the candidate must have the ability to converse with people from all levels within an organization.
He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing and able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Participate in client engagements as a Migration Subject Matter Expert (SME). Ensuring all migration teams are applying best practices from the approved migration methodologies.
- Work with clients to define data migration requirements and identify source to target data mapping rules as a SME
- Contribute to Functional Design and Data Migration Plans to implement requirements.
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements.
- Design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification of all deliverables to the client..
- Define project objectives, requirements, and assumptions necessary to structure a project or activity.
- Plan, schedule, and control initial project activities to fulfill objectives and satisfy project requirements. (Post Sales)
- Contribute to project plan and project activities to fulfill project goals, including the tasks that must be contributed by other internal or external team members, within the US and globally.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Supervisory Responsibility
- This position has overall supervisory responsibility for all onsite project operations.
- Establish, maintain and lead high performance migration project teams, serving as the project advocate within the client organization. Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables.
- Collaborate and lead a multi-disciplined team of 10+ staff members.
- Ability to travel to client sites across the US and potentially internationally when necessary.
- The candidate must be strong in communication, must be able to prepare regular written and verbal presentations, technical documents, and reports.
- The candidate must be able to work self-driven but must also work well in a team taking on distinct roles as needed (dependent on the project situation).
- The candidate must be able to develop RFI/RFP responses and create proposals including pricing/margin analysis
- Assist in financial management of client engagements with oversight on employee allocations, utilization levels, and margins obtained through engagement.
- The candidate must have the capability to support the sales team in support of the migration methodology during sales opportunities. Potentially to also act as a sales opportunity manager in support of sales pursuits.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field or a combination of certifications and work experience
- 10+ years experience in Life Sciences consulting (R&D and Q&M business processes).
- 5+ years in a leadership position
- Data Migration experience required.
- Excellent client-facing communication skills, both oral and written