|Reference # : ||18-00199
||Title : ||Java Developer 4 (Sr Level)|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||9 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||02/08/2018 / 05/08/2018
| Description |
Duration - 3 months on contract
Convert to Hire Salary - $116K - $145K
Location: Lorton (VA), Springfield (VA)
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence! The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's
team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of
computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which
are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel. This position
requires a highly motivated, self-reliant team player who is comfortable with managing multiple tasks and responsibilities.
**This position may be located in either Springfield or Lorton, VA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide mentorship to junior develops
• Design, plan, and set up applications - in a Unix/Linux and Windows VM environment to ensure performance and data
availability – using full stack java
• Apply required updates and patches, monitor and tune system to achieve optimum performance levels, and provide
reports to support metrics collection
• Support the Agile process using SCRUM methodology and Jira
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
• Must have an active or able to obtain a Client/CBP security clearance.
• This role will require hands on technical skills, with prior experience developing using one or more of the following
technologies: Java / J2EE / Enterprise Java solutions; Java frameworks, including Spring, Struts, and Hibernate; Oracle
Database technologies and/or Web Application hosting on WebLogic.
• Experience with Agile toolsets, such as JIRA and Confluence
• Experience developing web services for an operational/production environment
• Experience with Agile project management methodologies, including Scrum
• Ability to communicate effectively with project staff
• Must be a team player, self-motivated, self-starter and a quick learner
• Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills
• Must be U.S. Citizen
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• 7+ years' experience supporting Oracle application and database environments
• Demonstrated experience with JDeveloper integrated development environment.
• Experience with Atlassian toolset, including Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo
• Prior experience with CBP
• Certified ScrumMaster and/or Certified Product Owner desired with Scrum and or Scaled Agile Framework for the
enterprise (SAFe) experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.