The purpose of this position is:
Produces materials and enzymes that support the manufacture of multiple products in Woburn. Works with animal and human tissue. Manufactures enzyme based products.
The position includes duties, such as:
• Prepares buffers, solutions, and medias for production.
• Prepares and tests a variety of tissue fractions (human and animal).
• Performs Protein Assay and P450 spectral analysis.
• Performs cell culture operations infecting cells with recombinant virus for protein production, harvesting, and preparation according to SOP's.
• Assists in the isolation, culture, and cryopreservation of human and animal primary cells.
Good working conditions. Works in a biosafety level 1 & 2 (BL1/BL2) laboratory environment involving exposure to human, animal tissue, and cells. Wears proper PPE when required. Occasionally lifts and/or moves lab equipment of 25 to 60 pounds.
Biosafety level 2 requires Hepatitis Vaccine – paid for by Corning.
PPE Requirements – Gloves, Lab coat & Safety Glasses
Education Required: Associates in Biology, Chemistry, any Life Sciences.
Will consider candidates still in school pursuing a degree in these fields and has lab experience.
1) Experience: 1 + years in Life Sciences, Laboratory, Cell Culture a plus; working knowledge of laboratory equipment and processes (centrifuges, spectrophotometer, microscope, etc.).
2) Knowledge and advanced working experience of computers and MS Office products.