|Reference # : ||18-01507
||Title : ||Program Support Specialist|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||12/09/2018 / 12/14/2019
| Description |
|Program Support Specialist (updated 11/2/11-NRM)|
NOTE: See supplemental position information document (if attached) for additional information regarding specific requirement for the advertised position
Education Requirements ?
? Completion of some advanced studies beyond high school is required
? Associates degree in business administration, management, accounting, computer science or a related field is highly desirable. Associates degree can substitute for 2 years related experience (see below)
? Bachelor?s degree in business administration, management, computer science, engineering or a related field is preferred. Bachelor?s degree can substitute for 4 years related experience (see below)
Related Experience ? a minimum combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training is desired. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of program/project coordination/control and progressively more technical in nature. Associates or Bachelor?s degrees can be substituted for a portion of the experience requirements.
Minimum Related Experience:
? Level 1 ? 6-8 years previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required;
? Level 2 ? 9-11 years experience;
? Level 3 ? 12+ years experience.
Additional Desired Skills/Education:
? Individual must be capable of applying a diversified knowledge of principles and practices in assigned technical areas. Requires a working knowledge of automated data systems.
? Excellent communications skills are required. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimal verbal or written instructions.
? Practical experience with Windows operating system and software (i.e., Powerpoint, Project, Word, Excel, Project, Visio and Access).
? High degree of confidentiality is required.
Specific skill requirements:
* Extensive knowledge of MS software to include, but not limited to: MS Project, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Access, MS Mail/Exchange/Outlook, Windows Explorer, File Manager, Windows Operating Systems, and use of the Internet with the ability to learn and utilize other software packages and programs.
* Possess broad knowledge of program/project policies and procedures involving all phases of program/project execution from project inception to close-out.
* Demonstrate proficient in program/project analyses, presentations, correspondence and proposals.
* Must be flexible, able to pay excellent attention to detail, and work under pressure during periods of peak work volume.
* Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, self-disciplined and dependable with excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to apply discretion, technical skills to situations is required.
General Position Overview:
Provides coordination and control support for program/project efforts, including cost and timeline tracking of specific projects.
Typical tasks may include but not limited to:
? Coordinator for all program/project documentation; insures continuity of all phases of projects.
? Performs all aspects of planning/scheduling, business systems maintenance, cost estimating, and /or contract administration.
? Produces and manages documents, reports, spreadsheets, and graphics related to program/project control and timelines; prioritizes tasks and anticipates the needs of the program/projects.
? Work closely with Program and/or Project Manager(s) providing tracking, research and cost control support for major projects.
? Serve as a member of project teams designated by Program and/or Project Manager(s).
? May provide some technical guidance to less experienced program/project personnel
Typical Work Activities may include any of the following:
* Analyzing Data or Information ? Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
* Scheduling/Coordinating Work and Activities ? Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others. Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
* Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work ? Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish the work.
* Problem Solving ? Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
* Communicating with Management, Co-Workers or Peers ? Providing information to management, co-workers, and peers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
* Getting/Documenting/Recording Information ? Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources. Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
* Interacting With Computers ? Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to set up functions, enter data, or process information.
* Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships ? Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
Knowledge/Skills/ Abilities Requirements:
Knowledge ? The specific position may require any or all of the following:
* Administration and Management ? Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
* Customer and Personal Service ? Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Engineering and Technology ? Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
* Mathematics ? Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
* Personnel and Human Resources ? Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
* Computers and Electronics ? Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
Skills ? The specific position may require any or all of the following:
* Complex Problem Solving ? Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
* Monitoring/Coordination ? Monitoring progress of team members, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action. Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
* Time Management ? Managing one's own time and the time of others.
* Judgment and Decision Making ? Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
* Critical Thinking ? Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Active Learning ? Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Abilities ? The specific position may require any or all of the following:
* Information Ordering ? The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
* Deductive Reasoning ? The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
* Inductive Reasoning ? The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
* Problem Sensitivity ? The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
* Oral/Written Expression ? The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Desired Work Styles:
* Analytical Thinking ? Position requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
* Initiative ? Position requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
* Dependability ? Position requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
* Attention to Detail ? Position requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
* Adaptability/Flexibility ? Position requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
* Persistence ? Position requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
* Integrity ? Position requires being honest and ethical.
* Leadership ? Position requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
* Concern for Others ? Position requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
* Cooperation ? Position requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.