Developer Support and Systems Engineer
The primary responsibilities of the Development Support and Systems Manager is to support development by creating or applying tools for our dev, test and production environments and supporting our databases and systems. We are a java shop currently using Ext JS and Angular for our UI supported by an Oracle database. This is a key development position reporting to our Development department and is a unique role that allows for varied responsibilities.
1) Work closely with development to ensure all tools and peripheral systems are adequate and meeting our needs. Create or research applications that will help support our system.
2) Maintain both physical and virtual environments, managing services related to data storage, system health, and hosting infrastructure including our Data Warehouse, Informatica Cloud, IDQ and Tableau.
3) Provide solutions to and help troubleshoot any performance or latency issues.
4) Assist with related technical tasks, including software builds, platform support, and system management including automated deployments.
5) Use best practices to apply global changes, push out new application code, and monitor system health.
6) Setup web server instances as needed and either install, or work with our DBA contractors to install, our Oracle databases for test and dev.
7) Analyze communication solutions for email notifications.
8) Work with development to ensure adequate measures are in place to protect data security.
9) Responsible for filling out all technical Request for Proposal documents and involvement in client/IT communications.
10) Document all environment changes and create plans for any modifications.
11) Remain current with technology and market changes that may affect or enhance our products.
12) Help support our automated testing efforts.
1) BS in Computer Science or Engineering or adequate experience.
2) At least 5+ years of experience in a development and systems role.
3) Must understand and follow standard development processes.
4) Very solid knowledge of system architecture, networking and monitoring tools.
5) Comfortable with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
6) Ability to effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
7) Positive attitude and respectful towards other.
1) Knowledge of email security tools.
2) Java development experience and Apache/Tomcat.
3) New Relic or similar monitoring tools.
4) Data warehouse structures and architecture - especially Redshift and Informatica Cloud.