|Reference # : ||18-00023
||Title : ||Business Analyst 2|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||02/19/2018
| Description |
BUSINESS ANALYST 2
Specialty: Transmission Policy & Strategy
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION:
This full-time, contract Business Analyst 2 position is located in Bonneville Power Administration's (BPA's) Transmission (T) Policy Development & Analysis (TSPP) group. TSPP designs and monitors performance of products and services consistent with customer needs and the intent of the BPA Open Access Transmission Tariff (OATT) analyzes and facilitates implementation of the business practices and policies associated with BPA's marketing and sale of Transmission and ancillary services, as governed by the OATT and other contracts. This position will provide support with the development and monitoring of products and services as well as review and development of policies that apply interpretations and principles of the OATT and will also support the development of Business Practices. This position also provides support to efforts associated with procedures and standards developed by the North America Energy Standards Board (NAESB). This position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Note: Contract personnel are not allowed to direct Federal employees, nor are they allowed to authorize expenditures or make decisions on behalf of BPA; these functions are specifically assigned to BPA employees. Contract personnel provide analysis, information and input to those functions. Additionally, contract personnel may only represent BPA (such as at seminars, industry events, etc.) with written authorization from a BPA Vice President.
This position is open to Foreign National candidates.
Position Responsibilities include:
Note: all official drafts, documents and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate BPA manager / or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Assist BPA Management with, and support:
- Implementation and tracking the success of BPA's products: Point-To-Point (PTP); Network Integration Transmission (NT); Ancillary Services; and Conditional Firm.
- Facilitation of evolutions of products that are financially strong and meet customer's needs, and verification that the product is compliant with Bonneville's OATT and BPA Transmission rate schedules;
- Wind and solar integration;
- Re-dispatch and curtailment data analysis;
- Customer usage of our products and how our customers deploy our products to conduct their business.
- Assist BPA Management in developing implementable business practices. These practices are prepared for regional customers and provide direction on how to conduct transmission business with Bonneville in accordance with:
- Rate case decisions;
- Policy and regulatory direction;
- BPA's participation in national commercial standards development.
- Assist in the planning, forming and reforming, development, and implementation of BPA's products.
- Participate in periodic operational team meetings;
- Provide input into scoping market analyses that effect product direction and assisting with interpreting analysis results that ultimately effect product specifications.
- Develop and provide input on business practices detailing TS product and policy changes resulting from management decisions.
- Draft and assist with the development of Agency Decision Framework (ADF) documents required for products and services.
- Prepare decision documents that include staff recommendations for managers and executives in appropriate decision forums.
- Provide analyses on industry and regulatory trends and provide recommendations to BPA management and other staff on future direction of industry strategies, their impacts on regional parties, businesses, and BPA's products.
- Assist TSPP's development of and draft business practices that support BPA's products and operational choices.
- Communicate and collaborate with implementing organizations, as well as supporting product managers and policy developers, to facilitate the development of BPA's products..
- Facilitate the implementation of product design choices within the desired time frames.
- As requested by the BPA Manager, facilitate presentations for internal staff and provide external customer workshops to communicate BPA decisions and direction within areas of expertise. All presentation and workshop materials and content must be reviewed and approved by BPA Manager or other BPA federal staff.
- Associates degree in Economics, Engineering, Statistics, and Business, Organizational Development or a related field is highly desirable. (Associates in specified or directly-related field can substitute for 2 years of required experience - see below).
- Bachelor's degree in, Economics, Law, Engineering, Business or Business Management, Statistics, Organizational Development or a related discipline is preferred. (Bachelors in specified or directly-related field can substitute for 4 years of required experience - see below).
- This is a Level 2 position: 9+ years' previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required without a degree. (7+ years' experience with an applicable Associates degree; 5+ years' experience with an applicable Bachelor's Degree) is required. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- Experience in the utility business is required.
- Knowledge of transmission products (how transmission is made available and sold) is required
- Experience with process management is required.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office to include, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word is required; (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Advanced working knowledge of Access and MS Project is desired.
- Experience with Visio and SharePoint is required.
- Experience presenting to a diverse audience including all levels of management is required. Experience should include the following:
- Ability to present technical material effectively to audiences with all levels of experience resulting in the group's ability to understand.
- Decision/bottom line presentations to management that outline both risks and tradeoffs.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and ability to synthesize complex information.
- Demonstrated familiarity with product and service management and delivery, how to work with service delivery functions, and how to monitor their success. .
- Must be proactive, adept at working with diverse workgroups, cross-functional teams and stakeholder groups. Demonstrated ability to work with teams of analysts and managers including senior analysts.
- Experience organizing and orchestrating team meetings; demonstrated facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to describe issues and alternative recommendations.
- Familiarity with regulated environments and the importance of complying with regulated rules.
- Ability to work with attorneys, technical SMEs and implementers to craft policy and associated business practices.
- Ability to communicate, mediate and facilitate timely resolution of issues.
- Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
BPA Provided Training: (Internal BPA provided training will be provided as needed and/or as available. See *NOTE below)
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a BPA Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the approval of the Manager and completion of a Supplemental Labor Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding.
- In the Event of a COOP Exercise or Incident, the contract worker will be required to work off site to provide production support per roles and responsibilities outlined in the BPA Organizational COOP Plans.
- RSA token shall only be utilized when conducting work directly related to the API. Any other work is unauthorized. Contract worker is responsible for the safe-keeping of the BPA issued RSA token at all times. If the RSA token is lost or compromised, immediately contact the COTR. All information associated with work performed offsite must be maintained in the BPA network environment. No BPA information will be allowed to be transmitted, stored and created, etc., on the contract worker's personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all BPA and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the BPA service area unless approved by the Supplemental Labor Management Office (SLMO). Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and SLMO before the change occurs. Travel is expected (rough estimate of 5%) to meetings, implementations, and training.
- Must possess a valid US driver's license.
NOTE: Attendance at all training, etc. must be pre-approved by SLMO. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and approval is subject to the most current guidance provided to SLMO by BPA or DOE and is subject to change. SLMO reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and are submitted via an expense sheet in Fieldglass.
- Agency Decision Framework