|Reference # : ||18-00196
||Title : ||PC Network Tech 4|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||11 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||02/08/2018 / 02/08/2019
| Description |
POP IS THROUGH 10/5/18
SECRET CLEARANCE IS PREFERRED
Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
•Create and maintain Linux based server and desktop virtual machines utilizing VMWare technology.
•Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including but not limited to: hardware & software upgrades, patching and patch management solutions, monitoring, and configuration management.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Work effectively and with little supervision to troubleshoot and resolve tickets using web based ticketing system.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems Security guidelines in all cases and prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Microsoft XP – W10 knowledge.
- Network and Telephony support a Plus.
- Linux a plus
- Provides technical\warranty support for computers and associated networks. To include delivery and installation of new PC's and peripherals, troubleshooting and repair of PCs, software, and related peripheral equipment. Connects personal computers and terminals to exisitng data networks.
- Assists and answers customer questions on the use of personal computers and enterprise networks utilizing established enterprise procedures.
- Provides key information on Enterprise guidelines\standards to assist customers in selecting appropriate hardware\software to meet business requirements.
- Organizes & prioritizes assigned service tickets on a daily basis using established guidelines to resolve and close service tickets within established Service Level Agreements. Maintains service ticket\requests logs documenting all actions taken to include issue resolution prior to closing ticket. Informs management of issues that require special intervention or handling.
- Replaces aged devices in response to Enterprise Refresh schedule ensuring all data and authorized programs are migrated to new asset. Decommissions returned systems for disposal or reuse based on equipment lifecycle and condition.
- Demonstrates the ability to coordinate with peers within related IT support departments to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- As directed, executes tests on new services\products.
- Exhibits good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
- Ability to work in a complex and diverse environment under minimal supervision. Work may be done without established procedures. Duties & tasks are varied and complex. Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of problems and issues.
Additional Job Details:- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent experience in related discipline. - 6 -13 years of PC technical support experience supporting large user populations. - Proficiency in Microsoft products such as Windows 7, Windows 10, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio. - Strong Familiarity with hardware components such as video cards, hard drives, network adapters and motherboards. - CompTIA Security + or Network+ Certification - DoD Secret clearance preferred but not required - Proficiency in remote administration and troubleshooting of desktop PCs - Experience in Active Directory configuring user and computer accounts - Experience supporting VMware VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) - Experience supporting Win10 and Bitlocker in a corporate enviornment - Client and Dell Warranty Support Certification - Experienced using a Incident and Service Request ticketing system. - Understanding of networking technology. - Good understanding asset management processes. - Customer service attituded and skills are required. - Excellent organization skills necessary. - Must be able to lift 50lbs.Yes