|Reference # : ||17-05183
||Title : ||Business Analyst|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||01/22/2017
| Description |
At TransUnion, a leader in the information services industry, we've made a habit of impacting the world around us. Our commitment to technology is second to none. And because we constantly encourage new ideas and new thinking from our associates, our continued growth is assured.
We are a global leader in credit information and information management services. For more than 40 years, we have worked with businesses and consumers to gather, analyze and deliver the critical information needed to build strong economies throughout the world.
TransUnion's Rental Screening Services (TURSS) business unit is a major player in the multi-family housing market and professional background screeners, with $25M in annual revenue, and growing.
We are making long term investments into key revenue platforms to enable this growth, and are looking for a Product Analyst
to join our team.
This position is responsible for supporting the execution of product strategies for our Multi-Family and Background Data Solutions business lines, encompassing high profile innovation solutions for the marketplace.
We are changing the paradigm with multi-family property management companies on the use of sophisticated data and analytics coupled with proprietary decisioning that ultimately reduces risk and providers deeper business intelligence. The successful candidate will lead the revenue forecasting process that support our overall business strategies and ultimately drive profitability, own the vision and process of pricing strategies for the business lines, participate in (or lead) various research initiatives, and work across functional teams (particularly Finance, Application Support and Billing) to bring value to the market. Assessing and providing strategic analyses related to pricing, customer segmentation, revenue by product, transaction volumes, seasonality trends and analyzing revenue, and profitability is required. This position also assists in providing basic field support efforts aligned with individualproduct management or development strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the strategic direction of the Multi-Family and Background Data Solutions verticals. Contributes to understanding our product adoption, competitive positioning and creates and defends market potential assessments, and prioritizes solutions.
- Completes ad-hoc assignments that assist in development and implementation of strategies and new processes.
- Analyzes performance of various product initiatives using both quantitative and qualitative measures. Deliver insights and recommend actions that lead to profitable growth.
- Conducts and compiles general research and provides analysis and recommends to the Product Managers on products related to revenue, profitability, pricing, product life cycle, and positioning.
- Compiles revenue and product performance reports, analyzes them, and delivers relevant insights and recommendations to executive leadership. Analysis will cover overall product performance and benefits realization vs. KPI targets.
- Maintain prioritized list of initiatives and tasks associated with those initiatives.
- Act as a primary point of contact with Finance and Billing for all revenue and billing responsibilities. This includes working with our Chicago-based Finance and Billing teams to ensure forecasts align, apply rigid discipline and structure to quality assurance with billing, communicate out appropriately for any billing resolutions and ultimately ensure the revenue target is on track to the forecast.
- Provides basic training to other internal departments in support of vertical processes. Participates in or may lead cross-functional team meetings related to core responsibilities.
- Reviews existing business process to identify areas or improvement. Develops a basic understanding of processes and technology, enabling a cross-functional perspective on product/process opportunities and is disciplined in documentation of such processes.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires a bachelor degree with an emphasis in engineering, business administration, finance, accounting, economics, math/statistics, science or an equivalent field, plus a minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional environment. Strong business acumen is required. Prior experience in finance, statistical or business analysis, or management consulting is preferred. SQL skills are required. Prior experience in highly regulated industries a plus.
To be successful in this role, the incumbent must have exceptional analytical and priority management acumen, excellent communication and follow-through skills, with the ability to manage multiple project/products simultaneously. Must be able to demonstrate independence, initiative, and business acumen, and be able to work independently and in team settings.
Please feel free to check out our website: Rentalscreening.transunion.com to learn more about the products and offerings specific to our Rental Screening group.
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available?
Are you open to sponsorship?
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
VP of TransUnion Rental Screening Group, Maitri Johnson
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
• Forecasting for three business lines (requires working closely with sales teams in multi-family and reseller) critical responsibility in this role • Cross-functional/collaborative interactions • Managing the pricing strategies for each of her business lines (annually go through exercise to analyze market position – competitive analysis – strategy for what pricing should look like and then ultimately the implementation of that pricing with new/existing customers)
What are the nice-to-have skills?
• Looking for strong critical thinking/confidence in attention to detail/accuracy – QA is a critical skill • Being process driven • Technologically driven (a bit of coding, but more about database, SQL, getting into billing platform OBI – really need good skills aligned with this) • Generating a story (to ensure it is aligned with what the team is looking for in output) • Completely autonomous – someone who can own their work • Tableau preferred
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
Working closely with Maitri's team and cross-functionally: billing, sales, finance, etc. When submitting a candidate please ask this question when you screen them: 1. Tell me about the most complex project you have worked on, what were the objectives behind the project, how did you approach, and what was the outcome