|Reference # : ||17-05134
||Title : ||PC/Network Support 2 Emporia 10/6/2017|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||3 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||11/30/2017 / 11/30/2018
| Description |
|Job Title: PC/Network Support 2 Emporia 10/6/2017|
Job Description: Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a PC Network Support Technician to join our team of qualified diverse individuals. This position will be located in Greensville County and support users in Greensville County, Brunswick County, Mecklenburg County, Lunenburg County, Southampton County and Sussex County area of Virginia.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, installing, maintaining, and upgrading Windows based PCs, laptops, and tablets and printer hardware, and provide secondary support for VOIP technology, servers, security and networks.
• Perform on-site and remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of computer hardware and software incidents and service requests.
• Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot computer and printer hardware in accordance with program Service Level Agreements (includes response times and time to resolve service tickets).
• Collaborate with other technical SMEs as required to diagnosis problems that may relate to the server or network environment or other technical service area of the VITA program
• Be able to work independently and prioritize work to ensure Service Level Agreements are met
Some agency sites in the coverage area are 24x7 and on occasion require after hour support due to critical outages. Successful candidate must be available to dispatch to assist with critical outages on nights and weekends
In the defined geographic area there are a number of state prisons that are supported. A requirement of this position is that the successful candidate be able to acquire a Virginia Department of Corrections clearance.
The position requires regular day travel in the support area. A vehicle is not provided but mileage reimbursement is available.
Requirements: Technical degree in Computer Science or technology with experience servicing PCs and printers from both hardware and software perspectives. Ability to reimage a PC and experience working with users by remote access tools. You should be able to use tools to open PCs and printers for hardware repairs and reassemble them so they work properly. It is very important to have diagnostic skills to work from very minimal information, quickly determine the cause of a problem and be able to develop and execute a plan for resolution. The position also requires "touch labor " for other groups such as the network and server teams on the VITA program. Working with these other groups you should be able to follow instructions provided to you. The candidate must apply and successfully acquire Virginia Department of Corrections clearance within 30 days of the start date. The candidate will have to live in the general Jarratt and Emporia area to be available for after hour urgent dispatch requests .