|Reference # : ||18-00054
||Title : ||Sr Network Engineer|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||4 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||01/10/2018 / 07/10/2018
| Description |
remote op but must be near major airport for travel to client sites
A deep technical person that knows networking, routers / switches / firewalls, TCP/IP, Active Directory, linux etc. A CCNP or the like. If no formal experience or training in vulnerability assessments or pen testing they will teach it. Any Linux is a bonus Will work with the Security team of the CS group to manage network security issues on PCI and security audit engagements Virtual but will have to travel, go to client sites to help with assessments, 25% travel so someone who's ok traveling, worked for a consulting company or integrator If person is located close to a SGAS office or team that would be ideal- Philly or San Antonio, Seattle, and FL
Open due to growth Needs someone who is used to balancing multiple projects, has consulting mindset 2-3 interviews, all phone/SKYPE- first with Asher, 2nd with Herb or technical person
Soft skills- must be personable, driven, enthusiastic and solution oriented.
- Provide world-class customer support and technical expertise for Sungard AS customers.
- Maintain deep technical knowledge of multiple technologies within a customer's environment.
- Responsible for direct customer communication, working closely with other central operations technical teams and customer service teams.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customer's technical staff members and with internal stakeholders from customer service and field operations.
- Provide technical assistance to all Sungard AS internal/external customers during environment outages.
- Deliver end of the road support for complex environments.
- Provide assistance/training and leadership to other engineers.
- Perform weekly and monthly maintenance activity when required
- Perform after-hours support as needed.
- Provide implementation of complex solutions for Sungard AS customers.
- Install cost effective, operationally supportable solutions that meet complex customer requirements and SLAs.
- Have a familiarity environment resources being utilized by Sungard AS customers. Use this information to assist in resolving environment issues or trouble shooting impairments.
- Provide clear technical documentation and written ISO9001 procedures to ensure other members of
- Central Operations can assist in monitoring, troubleshooting and changing complex customer environments.
- Learn Sungard AS alert management platforms, functions, and terminology.
- Learn related Sungard AS product offerings.
- Become proficient with the latest OS technologies.
- Provide assistance/training to other engineers.
- College Degree preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Seven plus years industry experience in an IT support role, preferably at an IT service provider.
- Routing protocols and related technologies including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, NAT.
- Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switches, 40G Ethernet, VPC, Spanning-Tree Protocols
- Cisco ASA Firewalls, VPN and security technologies.
- F5 load balancing technologies
- McAfee IPS
- VMware NSX Networking
- SNMP and monitoring platforms.
- Extensive knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies is required.
- Very strong customer service and communications skills (written and oral) are required.
- Strong network problem isolation and resolutions skills required.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Alert Logic Threat Managers
- Alert Logic Web Application Firewalls (some knowledge would be beneficial)
- CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCIP, JCIS, or CISSP
- Hands-on Linux or Unix, Windows experience.