|Reference # : ||18-00006
||Title : ||Backup Recovery Systems Administrator|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||5 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||01/02/2018 / 07/02/2018
| Description |
Description/Comment - 3-6 months CTH Salary - $90K / yr
Postal Clearance Required
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder
Northrop Grumman is seeking Backup Recovery Systems Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Eagan, MN. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities. This position is part of the Northrop Grumman's ETS Contract with the United States Postal Service, bringing top of the line professional technologists to their teams.
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• The Storage Backup and Recovery Administrator performs daily operations in a NetBackup, Avamar and Data Domain environment to backup, recover and archive US Government Client information and requires interaction with other US Government Client organizations and individuals to identify incidents, diagnose and resolve problems, and assist with storage usage and features.
• Must carry a pager and be on call. May be required to support different shifts to enable 24x7 support.
• This position is dedicated to the Storage team to perform all activities associated with managing, supporting and troubleshooting backup, recovery and archiving in a large, complex and widely distributed environment.
• Perform daily monitoring and management of the backup solution implemented within the US Government Client infrastructure.
• Monitor backup jobs, execute restore jobs, troubleshoot failed jobs, and initiate corrective action.
• Provide status and progress reports for backup environment related activities and tasks,
• Perform reliable, secure backup and recovery across the enterprise in accordance with US Government Client and HCS policy and procedures.
• Perform diagnosis, troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of NBU and Avamar solutions currently installed within the US Government Client infrastructure; provide technical expertise to resolve escalated issues; maintain archives in accordance with US Government Client and HCS policy and procedures; perform planning, testing, implementing and deploying new backup products and maintaining existing solutions, e.g., upgrading and patching.
• Ensure environment and software compatibility of NetBackup, Avamar and Data Domain solutions to be installed, implemented, and integrated with the existing environment.
• Provide action items and next steps for backup solutions projects.
• Identify and manage support issues; coordinate communications between various US Government Client operations groups and Symantec and EMC customer support staff to resolve complex issues.
• Create and update documentation for backup procedures, solutions, licensing and applicable project artifacts.
• Provide technical expertise through discussions and demonstrations,
• Provide periodic, informal, on-site knowledge transfer, as needed to other storage group members and to designated US Government Client employees covering the management, normal operation, and maintenance of the backup infrastructure.
Additional Job Details:Basic Qualifications:
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years experience is preferred, but 9 years in lieu of degree will be considered.
• Minimum three years recent experience with EMC Avamar backup and recovery product in a large, complex environment
• Minimum three years recent experience with EMC Data Domain backup and recovery products in a large, complex environment.
• Minimum three years recent experience with Symantec Netbackup backup and recovery software products in a large, complex environment.
• Ability to monitor 1000+ backup jobs daily including, identifying issues and taking corrective action.
• Strong working knowledge of Linux and Solaris operating systems.
• Strong working knowledge of the Windows Operating System
• Familiarity with Oracle and SQL database backups.
• Strong proven troubleshooting abilities in a large scale operational environment.
• Able to communicate effectively in person, in writing and over the telephone
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
• EMC Data Domain experience including DDBoost and VTL
• EMC Avamar experience including SQL Plugin
• Experience with EMC Data Protection Advison (DPA)
• Familiarity with Oracle Databases using RMAN and DDBoost
• Scripting knowledge including Shell and PERL
• VMWare systems • Familiarity with Sharepoint
• Familiarity with Remedy and/or Service Now Ticketing system
• Familiarity with SAN and NAS
• Local to the Eagan, MN area (this position does not provide relocation assistance)