|Reference # : ||17-05196
||Title : ||Senior IT Consultant-Network|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||4 Years
||Start Date : ||12/18/2017
| Description |
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Serves in a planning consultant role with a strong background in technology. Provides oversight in the planning, evaluation, implementation and validation of new/emerging technologies. Leads project and /or technical maintenance teams. Responsible for providing recommendations and attaining design approval for new technologies and major enhancements to existing systems. Provides support to Security in the development of appropriate audit controls and procedures to ensure the integrity and protection of company resources. Works with customers to understand business objectives in order to ensure functional and technical designs meet requirements and are in compliance with the ACG infrastructure and IS technology standards.
- Establish networking environment by designing system configurations; directing system installations; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Report network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information.
- Cisco Certifications (CCDA, CCNP OR CCNA)
- Configuration and daily support of Cisco NX-OS (7K, 5K, 2K)
- Minimum 4 years hands on experience.
- Cisco Spine Leaf (9k/2k)
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience.
- Cisco Wireless (Identity Services Engine (Client), Mobility Services Engine (MSE), , Controllers, Aironet Access Points)
- Meraki Wireless
- Cisco 36xx, 37xx, 38xx, 65xx, 4xxx, ASR1x
- LAN/WAN Routing Architecture and Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP etc.)
- Office Products (Visio, MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Cisco IWAN
- Cisco NAC
- Network Management Tools (I.E. Client Openview, Solar Winds, Ace Live, Gigamon, Netscout)
- Infoblox ? NetMRI, IPAM
- NetScaler Load Balancers
- F5 Load Balancers
- Catalyst 9xxx
- Checkpoint Firewall software and appliances
- SSL VPN
- Packet Capture Tools
- Cisco Video Conferencing
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or applicable professional certification and/or six to eight years relevant technical and analytical experience.
Requirements include the same as previous in job family plus strong technical, analytic, design and development experience.
- Voice and data communication
Strong knowledge of:
- Designing, developing and implementing technology solutions using technical/business design decisions
- Multi-platform environments and infrastructure technology planning
- Developing and maintaining vendor relationships
- Serving as a consultant to business lines in defining processes or identifying technology based on business requirements
- Developing business plans for technology initiatives
Leadership experience including:
- Infrastructure architecture (Network, Integration)
- Tactical infrastructure technology
- Security and control procedures
- Relational database concepts
- Business process reengineering and technology application
- Providing technical consultation and training to less senior staff
- Providing leadership to project teams/technical project maintenance teams
Strong written communication skills, including, but not limited to, procedures and technical material preparation and presentation.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
- Apply similar prior experience to new issues to ensure effective problem solving
- Develop strong business relationships