|Reference # : ||17-04700
||Title : ||Product Manager|
San Bruno, CA
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||5 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||09/01/2017 / 01/31/2018
| Description |
As Product Manager, you will guide a group chartered to successfully develop, define and deliver a product line for Walmart eCommerce. This extends from increasing the viability of existing products to developing new products for the company.
You must possess a unique blend of technical and business understanding; strategic planning, and the drive to deliver. You must be able to effectively communicate and build collaboration at all areas and levels of the business and engineering. The product manager will own the product line, build strong cross-functional relationships, and communicate both internally and externally.
? Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts.
? Work in close collaboration with our engineers and business owners to manage product/project related tasks.
? Respond to the needs of customers throughout the development process.
? Develop detailed requirements, feature definitions and implementation plans.
? Compose clear, succinct user stories that capture user empathy as part of an Agile project framework. Manage product backlog and user story priorities.
? Participate on cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development. Proactively identify problems that arise, outline options, recommend solutions, and escalate as needed.
? Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project.
? Convincingly communicate product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders.
· Hands on experience in converting business requirements into actionable requirement for engineering teams. Gather business requirements, Write BRDs, functional Specification, User flows, System flows, Technical Specification including API specifications
· Define the metrics that measure product success, and use data to drive decisions.
· The Product Manager will be heavily involved with business and marketing teams in customer research activities including market research, usability testing, live on-site experiments, and analysis of site analytics.
· Aid in leading a team of highly technical developers & testers as part of an agile scrum team.
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
· 5+ years of relevant experience preferably in an agile development environment or 4 years hands-on software development experience
· 2 years' experience in product management with proven track record of delivering top notch products that delight users.
· Domain knowledge in e-commerce, retail, online advertising and/or analytics.
· Strong execution skills and ability to "drive? throughout the product lifecycle, from concept to launch.
· Ability to develop and implement a business strategy and make dynamic adjustments as landscapes shift.
· Strong technical knowledge and an ability to influence engineering decisions.
· Strong presentation and written/oral communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to draw insights from data.
The Trust & Safety (T&S) Group within Walmart Global Ecommerce is responsible for defining, enforcing and promoting policies, programs and products to ensure safe transactions and create trust perception across our marketplace businesses. In this role, the Manager, Trust and Safety Rules, will be accountable for managing the rule set in place for enforcement of business, compliance and trust and safety policies, including creation, execution, audit, reporting and optimization of rules. The Manager, Trust and Safety Rules, will partner with the Compliance, Marketplace, Product and Technology and the Trust and Safety Operations teams. This role will report into the Sr. Manager, Trust and Safety Infrastructure. Core Functions (responsibilities) ? Design, test and implement rules as required by the Business, Compliance and Trust & Safety teams ? Build reporting to monitor volume, business impact and efficiency or the rule set ? Audit current rules and recommend improvements to process and/or rule creation ? Collaborate with the Product and Technology group, Business, Compliance, and Trust & Safety to build and enhance features of the rule engine and the rule set ? Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plan ? Manages and drives rules efficiency to support business, compliance, and trust and safety policies ? Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity ? Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions Minimum Qualifications ? Bachelor's degree in Business, Technology or related field and 2 years experience in business, technology or related field, OR 4 years experience in business, technology or related field. ? 3+ years of experience in managing enforcement of company policies ? Extremely organized with excellent attention to detail ? Excellent verbal and written service and communication skills ? Proficient in MS excel Preferred Qualifications ? Knowledge about eCommerce environment ? Prior experience with rule authoring and rule management preferably in a Fraud/Risk role ? Comfortable working in an agile and growing team ? Demonstrated success engaging technology and business cross-functional teams ? Proficient in Basic SQL ? Strong problem-solving skills ? Ability to analyze data and present findings ? 1 year's experience writing rules for exception reports. ? 2 years' experience in risk management and fraud prevention. ? 2 years' experience working in an eCommerce organization.